Closed Solved

Stalker Clear Sky

New HP 380T system with Windows 7. Stalker install says not compatible. Any way to make it work? Thx,
15 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about stalker clear
  1. What does it say about compatibility? DirectX not compatible? ShaderModel?
  2. It says you must be signed on as administrator to install game which of course I am. Had game before new system, so requirements were XP not Windows 7.
  3. try right clicking the file and selecting run as admin.
  4. what GPU, only reference i can find in a few momet searching is a 5450. which paired with 8GB and an I7-930 is very odd (aren't 930's triple channel?)
  5. mi1ez said:
    try right clicking the file and selecting run as admin.

Tried that. same results.
  6. 13thmonkey said:
    what GPU, only reference i can find in a few momet searching is a 5450. which paired with 8GB and an I7-930 is very odd (aren't 930's triple channel?)

Graphics card is ATI Radeon HD 5570 1 GB FH
  7. you have the drivers installed for the 5770?

I just shoved the disk in and it installed it, win7 64bit I think.

Can you screen shot the error message?
  8. Drivers are OK as now playing other game with no problem. I'll send screen shot when I reinstall game. This was an issue on another blog, but no resolution stated. Thanks
  9. it rings bells, i'mjust hoping that seeing the screenshot will help.
  10. 13thmonkey said:
    you have the drivers installed for the 5770?

I just shoved the disk in and it installed it, win7 64bit I think.

Can you screen shot the error message?

Sorry copy/paste screen shot isn't working here. How can I attach a Word doc with screen shots Sorry to be such a beginner. I've downloaded the patches...same results.
  11. Best answer
    errm not sure, never had to post an image, I think image hosting sites are used... but I have seen some embedded pictures no idea how to do it
  12. OK thanks, I think the game is too old to play on 7 unless the mfg. update the game. Will have to get games with good specs next time.
  13. Best answer selected by wjhanson.
  14. wjhanson said:
    Best answer selected by wjhanson.

n
    nthanks, for the best answer, but it does work in 7, guarenteed, i finished it earlier this year.
  15. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Windows 7 Hewlett Packard Compatibility Video Games