Choose motherboard, help me please.

darko

Distinguished
May 5, 2004
Choose motherboard, help me please.

I want to build a new computer for me. It will work 24/7.
The cpu that I have chosen is:
P4 630/3.0G/2M/BOX/LGA775
For ram:
1GB DDR II 533 KINGSTON, choosen bearing in mind future upgrades.

Now the big question is: Which is the most appropriate motherboard for me?

Other peripherals that will be connected to the mb: DVD burner (ide), hdd (ide)

In some future I will put and audigy (pci). I still don’t know what kind of video card to put. My only requirement is to have TV out, but I don’t know whether it will be agp, or pci-e.

The key notion is stability. I will not over clock or something like this. I don’t play the latest and greatest games. It will be general purposes PC.

If you think that cpu or ram could be other, state you opinion.
Thank you very much.

He only hates their AMD boards...

<font color=blue>(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(")your signature to help him gain world domination. </font color=blue>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Hello Darko!

You can check out my Foxconn NF4SLI7AA-8EKRS2 motherboard review at SysOpt. This appears to be the best value in a premium-level motherboard.

Because P4's create so much waste heat, you might also want to check out the Thermaltake Big Typhoon review, to be released next week.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
It's easier for me to recommend devices I've tested. And I try to stick to testing devices that offer the best value in their class.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

pat

Expert
Hey Crash? If you have good friend at Abit, or good contact, can you have an Abit AT8 for review ASAP?

(\__/)
<b>(</b>='.'=<b>)</b>
(")<b><font color=red>ώ</font color=red></b>(") This is my bunny.. got mumps from Ned!!!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Sorry, Abit and Asus are two motherboard companies who prefer not to participate. It might be because I find all these pesky flaws in things, and unlike other brands, they're afraid to admit that everything they sell is flawed (just like everything everyone else sells).