Unable to flash bios

athlon64x2

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2005
All,

I got my Chaintech VNF4 Ultra MB yesterday, and I am trying to put together my first system.

I have Athlon64 X2 4200+ plugged into it, and when the system boots, in the Task Manager it shows only one CPU. It should show 2.

http://www.chaintech.com.tw/tw/eng/Download/dl_desc.asp?DCSNo=4&PISNo=318
So I went to the Chaintech and got the latest bios, VN210603.BIN and created a boot disk using DrDFlash. When I was flashing the bios (fortunately I backed up the one that came with the board), the process seemed to get stuck.

After the backup was done, the screen showed me the following:
Input file: VN210603.BIN
Checksum: F91BH

And it seemed to go nowhere. So I forced a shutdown, cleared the CMOS, and restarted the system. While booting it showed me the message "Checksum Error" and "F1 to continure DEL to enter setup". After hittting F1, it booted fine.

I continued, the system booted although it showed 2.137 GHz instead of 2.2 GHz (when booting with previous BIOS).

What should be my next step? My taskmanager still shows only one CPU.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mahesh.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
You should have pressed "Del" to enter settup, and checked your settings.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>