Another Newbie Question

I have an GeForce FX Go 5200 (on a Laptop) with 64MB of memory on a 3GHz and
1MB of RAM but the game scrolls and I cannot play it even on the lowest
video settings. I am not sure if there is a patch for the software. I have
a similar system on a desktop, MSI FX 5200 on an Athlon 1600 with 360MB RAM,
but it does the same thing. Any help would be appreciated.

Robin

>I have an GeForce FX Go 5200 (on a Laptop) with 64MB of memory on a 3GHz
>and 1MB of RAM but the game scrolls...

What game?

The original Doom for DOS?
Doom2 for DOS?
Doom3?

Sorry. It has 1GB of system RAM. And it is DOOM 3.

"Stephen Howe" <sjhoweATdialDOTpipexDOTcom> wrote in message
> >I have an GeForce FX Go 5200 (on a Laptop) with 64MB of memory on a 3GHz
> >and 1MB of RAM but the game scrolls...
>
> What game?
>
> The original Doom for DOS?
> Doom2 for DOS?
> Doom3?

Robin O'Connor wasted my time on 2/26/2005 3:46 AM with the following:
> I have an GeForce FX Go 5200 (on a Laptop) with 64MB of memory on a 3GHz and
> 1MB of RAM but the game scrolls and I cannot play it even on the lowest
> video settings. I am not sure if there is a patch for the software. I have
> a similar system on a desktop, MSI FX 5200 on an Athlon 1600 with 360MB RAM,
> but it does the same thing. Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Robin

Excuse me, "scrolls" ??

I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about.

Have you patched it using Patch 1.1 (http://www.doom3.com) and then
tried it?

That 64mb is going to hurt bad in the long run.

Are you perchance on a 64-bit system? I hear that Doom 3 hates 64-bit
(there's a thread in here somewhere about it)

I don't really understand the problem that well, but perhaps VSync could
help you here if it's not already on.

You are using the latest drivers for that card, right?

As for the desktop, don't dream about running Doom 3 on there, it hardly
meets minimum specs (http://www.doom3.com)

--
-SnoopJeDi