Medal of honor vs crysis

pnico

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
hi,

does anyone think the graphics on this new release are better than crysis?
seems that most shooters fall short of how great the crysis engine was..
but seems medal of honor, at max details is pretty amazing..esp in eyefinity mode...

Graphics aren't everything... After 3+ years Crysis still brings high-end systems to their knees. The Cry Engine maybe visually impressive, but optimised performance is another story. You have to spend tons of cash for nothing except eye-candy. I prefer a game that has decent (if not mind-blowing) visuals, but is still playable on a lower-end system.

xenophon

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
HI

no way man, crysis is at a level of its own still with a gtx 480 the game hits low fps at some stages. at ultra high settings.. which looks incredible. as for medal of honor sure the grathics looks great...but its not much diffent than battlefield bad company 2.

"Single player uses a heavily modified Unreal Engine 3 while the multiplayer segment was built with DICE's Frostbite. Frostbite was also used in Battlefield: Bad Company 2"
But wait for Crysis 2 it will have cryengine 3 its gonna be awesome .

cheers

Xeno

Alex The PC Gamer

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007
I'll try to be neutral on this...

I personally believe that Crysis is/was the best looking FPS I've ever seen to this day. Sure other shooters like BFBC2 or MW2 have nice visuals but if you look closely, you'll find many low textures and other low polygone objects. For instance, although Crysis Warhead was pretty nice, it wasn't as pretty as the Original Crysis. In fact, you could tell they dummed down the engine to make it more accessible to PC gamers (i.e. the distance at which objects like rocks appeared, etc.).

Will the CryEngine 3 be a dummed down version of CryEngine 2? We don't know until we get to play the game. Crysis 2 is also taking place in the city...so it'll be hard to compare both games visually. The visual art between a building and a forest is not very comparable.

I'm glad the franchise has made it to the consoles. But I think I'm not the only one concerned about the integrity of the CryEngine 3. I fear they simply dummed it down to console capabilities while leaving PC gamers aside. They might not admit it as a company/studio but we also know that the console market will make them a lot more revenues than the PC market ever did. It's a sad reality for people like me.