Can be up to $700. I'm pretty sure I'll be using the ASUS Xonar Essence STX
sound card, unless you all got a better suggestion. Needs to have good directional positioning audio for games like Left 4 Dead 2, Battlefield Bad Company 2, and other shooters. So far, I've ran across suggestions for the Sennheiser HD595
s, Tritton AX PROs
, and the Beyer Dynamic
series. What would you all recommend? Feel free to add any that are better than the above mentioned.
I own a pair of Tritton AX Pro and I love them.
- Optical sound and USB for second communication channel (so that your surround sound is never compromised.
- Great options/perks that come in the box
- Sound is incredible, much better than most headphones I've had in the past.
- The Main box allows you to never plug/unplug everytime you switch from headset to speakers
- Illegal to most gaming event (because it requires a power source for both the Main box as well as for the headset.
- Although you'll find many opinions on this, here's mine. It's hard to configure (especially is you setup the Optical+USB to use seperate channels (i.e. Optical for games and USB for Skype/Teamspeak/other communication programs.
- If you want to get picky, it's surround 5.1 where as there are, more expensive, true 7.1 surround sound headsets.
Which country are you from because 700$ US is A LOT for headsets!!!