Best Headphones for FPS Gaming

scorpinot

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2010
Can be up to $700. I'm pretty sure I'll be using the ASUS Xonar Essence STX sound card, unless you all got a better suggestion. Needs to have good directional positioning audio for games like Left 4 Dead 2, Battlefield Bad Company 2, and other shooters. So far I've ran across suggestions for the Sennheiser HD595s, Tritton AX PROs, and the Beyer Dynamic series. What would you all recommend? Feel free to add any that are better than the above mentioned.

Solution
I have the Audio Technica AD700's which are pretty nice. Lack bass but you can just use the EQ on your sound card. They're going for 100 bucks on Amazon but have a retail price of around 300.

ultraman

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2010
I have the Audio Technica AD700's which are pretty nice. Lack bass but you can just use the EQ on your sound card. They're going for 100 bucks on Amazon but have a retail price of around 300.

Solution

scorpinot

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2010

Sounds good, thanks. Did some quick searching and it seems these are what I am looking for. If no one else has any valid objections, I plan on ordering the Audio Technica AD700s tomorrow.

Alex The PC Gamer

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007

I own a pair of Tritton AX Pro and I love them.

Pros:
- Optical sound and USB for second communication channel (so that your surround sound is never compromised.
- Great options/perks that come in the box
- Sound is incredible, much better than most headphones I've had in the past.
- The Main box allows you to never plug/unplug everytime you switch from headset to speakers

Cons:
- Illegal to most gaming event (because it requires a power source for both the Main box as well as for the headset.
- Although you'll find many opinions on this, here's mine. It's hard to configure (especially is you setup the Optical+USB to use seperate channels (i.e. Optical for games and USB for Skype/Teamspeak/other communication programs.
- If you want to get picky, it's surround 5.1 where as there are, more expensive, true 7.1 surround sound headsets.

Which country are you from because 700$ US is A LOT for headsets!!!