Collector's edition under XP

This may be an old question around here but I jut got the collector's
edition and it says in the readme file there is no mouse support under XP.
Is there any place to get some kind of patch or workaround for this? I
always used the mouse and don't want to relearn the game.

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 01:05:56 GMT, "Bob R" <rrion@hvc.rr.com> wrote:

>This may be an old question around here but I jut got the collector's
>edition and it says in the readme file there is no mouse support under XP.
>Is there any place to get some kind of patch or workaround for this? I
>always used the mouse and don't want to relearn the game.

Source ports for Doom:
http://www.doomworld.com/classicdoom/ports/

Recommended ones would be either prBoom (compatability), ZDoom
(versatility), or JDoom (improved rendering).

(At least that's the best method. There should be ways to get the mouse
working, but I don't have the info offhand.)

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 01:05:56 +0000, Bob R wrote:

> This may be an old question around here but I jut got the collector's
> edition and it says in the readme file there is no mouse support under XP.
> Is there any place to get some kind of patch or workaround for this? I
> always used the mouse and don't want to relearn the game.

Duh... I just posted the same complaint, but I didn't bother to read the
readme file. I find Doom without mouse (actually trackball) support
unplayable. The mention of Windows XP on the package amounts to deceptive
advertising. Oh well, at least I have the latest editions of the WAD
files, so I can use one of the source ports. Some of those ports run in
Linux, so that gets me one step closer to scrubbing every trace of the
Evil Empire out of my system.

"Steve Rush" <steverush1@SPAM_ME_NOT.cox.net> wrote in message
> On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 01:05:56 +0000, Bob R wrote:
>
> > This may be an old question around here but I jut got the collector's
> > edition and it says in the readme file there is no mouse support under
XP.
> > Is there any place to get some kind of patch or workaround for this? I
> > always used the mouse and don't want to relearn the game.
>
> Duh... I just posted the same complaint, but I didn't bother to read the
> readme file. I find Doom without mouse (actually trackball) support
> unplayable. The mention of Windows XP on the package amounts to deceptive
> advertising. Oh well, at least I have the latest editions of the WAD
> files, so I can use one of the source ports. Some of those ports run in
> Linux, so that gets me one step closer to scrubbing every trace of the
> Evil Empire out of my system.

"Yeah, I know there evil an' all, but their a good kinda evil....
--
"I'm programmed to never perform any extraneous tasks."

Please change 'nospam' to jcom to reply.
----- http://jcom.shorturl.com ----"