Your question

Is WoW gay?

Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • World Of Warcraft
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
October 20, 2010 5:29:47 PM

i'm sick of people telling me that wow is gay and that it is a waste of my money.. my friends are constanntly dissing me and its bull**** so my question is. is wow gay? is it a waste of money? and if not why isnt it?

More about : wow gay

a b Ý World of Warcraft
October 20, 2010 5:41:14 PM

"Yes. People who play WOW are gay and have tons of money falling out of their ass..."

If you like playing WoW and other similar games then continue to play it, don't let your "friends" dictate to you what you want to play. Tell them to F*** Off.

Not everyone plays the same game.
m
l
October 20, 2010 7:59:57 PM

Yeah what he said.
m
l
Related resources
October 20, 2010 8:15:20 PM

I consider more a waste of time than money. But, before you jump all over me, I will say that this is only my opinion and as stated... who cares?! If it makes you happy... really happy... then keep gaming.
m
l
October 20, 2010 9:21:24 PM

Depends on what games you like, if you are into paying on a monthly basis for basically a repetitive game then go ahead. IMO it's a waste of time but you should find that out on your own. Youtube the game and find out =)
m
l
October 20, 2010 9:58:21 PM

Some people play counterstrike (me included now and again) and numerous games like it where it is pretty much the same all the time. If people can play that then people can play wow.

Some people also spend money going to movies or watching tv in which you get a one off experience where you have no participation. Now that to me is far more of a waste of time, sure some of it is entertaining but much of what people watch on T.V is not exactly great. Like reality shows and talent shows.

Do what makes you happy.
m
l
October 20, 2010 10:17:26 PM

strangestranger said:
Some people play counterstrike (me included now and again) and numerous games like it where it is pretty much the same all the time. If people can play that then people can play wow.

Some people also spend money going to movies or watching tv in which you get a one off experience where you have no participation. Now that to me is far more of a waste of time, sure some of it is entertaining but much of what people watch on T.V is not exactly great. Like reality shows and talent shows.

Do what makes you happy.

I assume you play WoW :na:  ?

My point when I said "repetitive" was more towards the same maps with no modding possibilities whatsoever. Hell, i used to play WoW back in the day, it just got boring to the point that i unsubscribed ;) 

And BTW, don't compare WoW to a TV, that's like comparing a tricycle to a hayabusa :lol: 
m
l
October 20, 2010 10:36:18 PM

No, I don't play WoW or any other MMO. Of course in a lot of games I play it is the same maps, multiplayer games will always however make it different each time.

One game I have been playing recently is The Hunter which will come across to most people as very slow, repetitive and boring no doubt. It is based on a similar sort of model, you buy memberships of varying length to suit or just individual animal licenses.

Wouldn't bother me if people thought that was "gay" I will still play it.
m
l
October 21, 2010 4:58:42 AM

strangestranger said:
No, I don't play WoW or any other MMO. Of course in a lot of games I play it is the same maps, multiplayer games will always however make it different each time.

One game I have been playing recently is The Hunter which will come across to most people as very slow, repetitive and boring no doubt. It is based on a similar sort of model, you buy memberships of varying length to suit or just individual animal licenses.

Wouldn't bother me if people thought that was "gay" I will still play it.

I'm in 100% agreement, I still play SoF2 which is more or less the same as CS but with a twist.

Everyone has different tastes, it's whatever floats your boat I guess :) 
m
l
October 21, 2010 10:45:45 AM

vusi_81 said:
i'm sick of people telling me that wow is gay and that it is a waste of my money.. my friends are constanntly dissing me and its bull**** so my question is. is wow gay? is it a waste of money? and if not why isnt it?

Playing Wow: (my perspective)
** total waste of time IF you play it alot/are addicted. Because its something you've paid for - i'd say (my opinion) your more likely to play it than not, to get your "moneys worth". If u dont play it all day or prioritize it over other important things (homework/other responsibilities) then no, its not a waste of time.
** money - its not expensive.. if you work then it's not really a waste of money. In fact it can save money if your the type that becomes addicted to it (play it all day instead of going out and spending money else where).
** People may call u a nerd/loser/GAY. ie. you stay home 24/7 and play WoW. You may choose playing WoW over hanging out with friends or doing other important things. You aren't gay as in homosexual terms, but gay in terms of a loser (i think it can be interpreted this way)
** it may make you angry or upset/depressed because people will tease you and call you gay/loser or other names.
Bottom line : It's your money, your time, your life - if you want to play games -> no problem. If you get teased for it, all you can do is either
1. continue playing games and ignore it or, accept it
2. tell them to stop teasing you and hope they stop
3. make new friends
4. theres been cases of suicide due to attatchment to the game (not recommended AT ALL as something you should do - i'm just making you aware of the rare but possible consequence of playing WoW alot.)
m
l
October 21, 2010 12:11:05 PM

Gay stopped being an insult when you're 6. Tell your so-called friends to f*** off and grow up.

I personally don't like WoW because I don't like the lack of control you have - I derive no enjoyment from clicking a few buttons and letting the computer do the rest (i.e. pretty much all MMORPGs and JRPGs) - but that's not to say Blizzards 6 million+ subscribers are wrong.

Play it if you love it, and enjoy Cataclysm when it hits!
m
l
!