AMD 64 4000 and BIOS

Hi,

Are there any motherboards at the moment that support an AMD 64 4000 straight from retail without the need of a BIOS update? I ask because while the CPU is supported by a lot of motherboards currently on the market, a lot of them require a BIOS update before you can actually use it. And there's no way i'm buying two CPU's just so i can update the bios :)

My current system is an amd 2400+ XP, so there's no hope of using my existing processor as an intermediate. Anyone out there know how to update the BIOS without a CPU? :D
2 answers Last reply
More about 4000 bios
  1. Just order from a vender that will do it for you. Monarch computers will flash the bios before shipping for about $10 extra. Last I heard, newegg doesn't offer this service.
  2. Also, most of today's boards will function well enough with an incompatible BIOS to allow flashing a new BIOS version.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards BIOS AMD