Sign in with
Your question

Hi! Was wondering how Fallout 3 + New Vegas will run on my laptop

Last response: in Video Games
October 21, 2010 12:58:57 AM

I recently purchased an Aspire 5542 laptop for college and gaming. I'm not looking to play Crysis or any of that silliness. I mainly play WoW, SC2, and LOL, all of which I can play on high settings fluidly. I'm interested in playing Fallout 3 and New Vegas now and was hoping I could run it on my laptop. I'm not looking for all the bells and whistles, hopefully medium settings. I would even be satisfied with low settings, as long as the game played smoothly.

This is what i'm running;

Windows 7
4GB ram
AMD Turion II Dual-Core Mobile M500 (2 CPUs) ~ 2.2 GHZ ... :( 
ATi HD 4560 1GB memory.

So, whats the consensus ?
October 21, 2010 5:44:56 AM

I was able to play fallout 3 on low settings (and low fps) on a system with a first-gen Turion, IGP, and most likely slower RAM. So, I think low settings will get you a decent framerate, maybe even on mid settings. Try this:

http://www.yougamers.com/gameometer/10291/
October 22, 2010 9:57:47 AM

I don't think you can enjoy the games with that set up.
Related resources
October 22, 2010 11:30:41 AM

This is why companies post min and recommend specs so you can work it out yourself.
PS And you never go by the min. specs
a c 433 D Laptop
October 22, 2010 4:27:15 PM

It should be able to run both games at low settings. I would not buy both games at the same time. Go with FO3 first since I've seen numerous people complaining about FO:NW performance on systems more powerful than what you have.

The minimum requirements for FO3 is a Pentium 4 2.4Hz or equivalent and a GeForce 6800 / X850. The Radeon HD 4650 is slightly more powerful than the X850. However, those are desktop specs, not laptop specs.

Generally speaking, laptop video cards are about 10% - 15% slower than the desktop version.
!