Samsung i600 ereader problem...

I just switched from a kyocera 7135 to a samsung sch i600 with the windows
mobile 2003 operating system. I have tried to install the ereader from
ereader.com (formerly palm digital media) and the olive tree bible reader
from olivetree.com. the ereader installed, I can see the book, but I cant do
anything with it. Olive tree reader won't install. It give's the message
that this is not the correct version for the device. (I double checked, and
I'm downloading the correct version. Ereader.com support has been useless,
and I have not heard back yet from olivetree. Anyone out there seen this
one yet?

Thanks,

steve
4 answers Last reply
More about samsung i600 ereader problem

    Is the reader MS OS compatible? The 7135 (which I have) is a Palm OS
    device. Does not run on a MS platform.

    HTH

    Tom S.

    Steve Lambert wrote:
    > I just switched from a kyocera 7135 to a samsung sch i600 with the windows
    > mobile 2003 operating system. I have tried to install the ereader from
    > ereader.com (formerly palm digital media) and the olive tree bible reader
    > from olivetree.com. the ereader installed, I can see the book, but I cant do
    > anything with it. Olive tree reader won't install. It give's the message
    > that this is not the correct version for the device. (I double checked, and
    > I'm downloading the correct version. Ereader.com support has been useless,
    > and I have not heard back yet from olivetree. Anyone out there seen this
    > one yet?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > steve

    Yes. They have a version of the reader that is supposed to work with the
    windows mobile 2003 operating system. I found a microsoft knowlegebase
    article # 824409 that seems to apply. I'm not technical enough to
    understand the work-around. I mentioned that article in my attempt to get
    support from ereader.com, but they basically blew me off.

    "Tom Simchak" <ferwalsgt@1ve.ten> wrote in message
    > Is the reader MS OS compatible? The 7135 (which I have) is a Palm OS
    > device. Does not run on a MS platform.
    >
    > HTH
    >
    > Tom S.
    >
    > Steve Lambert wrote:
    >> I just switched from a kyocera 7135 to a samsung sch i600 with the
    >> windows mobile 2003 operating system. I have tried to install the ereader
    >> from ereader.com (formerly palm digital media) and the olive tree bible
    >> reader from olivetree.com. the ereader installed, I can see the book, but
    >> I cant do anything with it. Olive tree reader won't install. It give's
    >> the message that this is not the correct version for the device. (I
    >> double checked, and I'm downloading the correct version. Ereader.com
    >> support has been useless, and I have not heard back yet from olivetree.
    >> Anyone out there seen this one yet?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> steve

    You might want to try the Microsoft.public.smartphone news group for help.

    "Steve Lambert" <Steve.Lambert@snet.net> wrote in message
    > Yes. They have a version of the reader that is supposed to work with the
    > windows mobile 2003 operating system. I found a microsoft knowlegebase
    > article # 824409 that seems to apply. I'm not technical enough to
    > understand the work-around. I mentioned that article in my attempt to get
    > support from ereader.com, but they basically blew me off.
    >
    > "Tom Simchak" <ferwalsgt@1ve.ten> wrote in message
    >> Is the reader MS OS compatible? The 7135 (which I have) is a Palm OS
    >> device. Does not run on a MS platform.
    >>
    >> HTH
    >>
    >> Tom S.
    >>
    >> Steve Lambert wrote:
    >>> I just switched from a kyocera 7135 to a samsung sch i600 with the
    >>> windows mobile 2003 operating system. I have tried to install the
    >>> ereader from ereader.com (formerly palm digital media) and the olive
    >>> tree bible reader from olivetree.com. the ereader installed, I can see
    >>> the book, but I cant do anything with it. Olive tree reader won't
    >>> install. It give's the message that this is not the correct version for
    >>> the device. (I double checked, and I'm downloading the correct version.
    >>> Ereader.com support has been useless, and I have not heard back yet from
    >>> olivetree. Anyone out there seen this one yet?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>>
    >>> steve

    Thanks, I will...
    ":P" <nugroove~@excite.com> wrote in message
    > You might want to try the Microsoft.public.smartphone news group for help.
    >
    > "Steve Lambert" <Steve.Lambert@snet.net> wrote in message
    >> Yes. They have a version of the reader that is supposed to work with
    >> the windows mobile 2003 operating system. I found a microsoft
    >> knowlegebase article # 824409 that seems to apply. I'm not technical
    >> enough to understand the work-around. I mentioned that article in my
    >> attempt to get support from ereader.com, but they basically blew me off.
    >>
    >> "Tom Simchak" <ferwalsgt@1ve.ten> wrote in message
    >>> Is the reader MS OS compatible? The 7135 (which I have) is a Palm OS
    >>> device. Does not run on a MS platform.
    >>>
    >>> HTH
    >>>
    >>> Tom S.

Verizon Samsung Internet Service Providers