Samsung i600 ereader problem...

I just switched from a kyocera 7135 to a samsung sch i600 with the windows
mobile 2003 operating system. I have tried to install the ereader from
ereader.com (formerly palm digital media) and the olive tree bible reader
from olivetree.com. the ereader installed, I can see the book, but I cant do
anything with it. Olive tree reader won't install. It give's the message
that this is not the correct version for the device. (I double checked, and
I'm downloading the correct version. Ereader.com support has been useless,
and I have not heard back yet from olivetree. Anyone out there seen this
one yet?

Thanks,

steve

Is the reader MS OS compatible? The 7135 (which I have) is a Palm OS
device. Does not run on a MS platform.

HTH

Tom S.

Steve Lambert wrote:
> I just switched from a kyocera 7135 to a samsung sch i600 with the windows
> mobile 2003 operating system. I have tried to install the ereader from
> ereader.com (formerly palm digital media) and the olive tree bible reader
> from olivetree.com. the ereader installed, I can see the book, but I cant do
> anything with it. Olive tree reader won't install. It give's the message
> that this is not the correct version for the device. (I double checked, and
> I'm downloading the correct version. Ereader.com support has been useless,
> and I have not heard back yet from olivetree. Anyone out there seen this
> one yet?
>
> Thanks,
>
> steve

Yes. They have a version of the reader that is supposed to work with the
windows mobile 2003 operating system. I found a microsoft knowlegebase
article # 824409 that seems to apply. I'm not technical enough to
understand the work-around. I mentioned that article in my attempt to get
support from ereader.com, but they basically blew me off.

"Tom Simchak" <ferwalsgt@1ve.ten> wrote in message
> Is the reader MS OS compatible? The 7135 (which I have) is a Palm OS
> device. Does not run on a MS platform.
>
> HTH
>
> Tom S.
>
> Steve Lambert wrote:
>> I just switched from a kyocera 7135 to a samsung sch i600 with the
>> windows mobile 2003 operating system. I have tried to install the ereader
>> from ereader.com (formerly palm digital media) and the olive tree bible
>> reader from olivetree.com. the ereader installed, I can see the book, but
>> I cant do anything with it. Olive tree reader won't install. It give's
>> the message that this is not the correct version for the device. (I
>> double checked, and I'm downloading the correct version. Ereader.com
>> support has been useless, and I have not heard back yet from olivetree.
>> Anyone out there seen this one yet?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> steve

You might want to try the Microsoft.public.smartphone news group for help.

"Steve Lambert" <Steve.Lambert@snet.net> wrote in message
> Yes. They have a version of the reader that is supposed to work with the
> windows mobile 2003 operating system. I found a microsoft knowlegebase
> article # 824409 that seems to apply. I'm not technical enough to
> understand the work-around. I mentioned that article in my attempt to get
> support from ereader.com, but they basically blew me off.
>
> "Tom Simchak" <ferwalsgt@1ve.ten> wrote in message
>> Is the reader MS OS compatible? The 7135 (which I have) is a Palm OS
>> device. Does not run on a MS platform.
>>
>> HTH
>>
>> Tom S.
>>
>> Steve Lambert wrote:
>>> I just switched from a kyocera 7135 to a samsung sch i600 with the
>>> windows mobile 2003 operating system. I have tried to install the
>>> ereader from ereader.com (formerly palm digital media) and the olive
>>> tree bible reader from olivetree.com. the ereader installed, I can see
>>> the book, but I cant do anything with it. Olive tree reader won't
>>> install. It give's the message that this is not the correct version for
>>> the device. (I double checked, and I'm downloading the correct version.
>>> Ereader.com support has been useless, and I have not heard back yet from
>>> olivetree. Anyone out there seen this one yet?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> steve

Thanks, I will...