MSI K8N NEO4-F problem, weird noises...

Yan

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2004
Hi
SO far, noone has been able to help me, MSI, retailer and pretty much everyone i know who knows anything about computers.

Heres my new rig
Mobo, see title
Athlon 64 3000
Leadtek 6800 gt
2 x 512 OCZ plat
ide HD

Problem: I can hear weird noises in my headphones or speakers, faint and constant, volume control doesn't affect them. Scratchy noises when i move the mouse, when a menu is minimzed (moved down), HD being accessed, even faint beeps sometimes.

Example, im downloading stuff throught some program, whent he window is up, i hear a constant scratching noise, kinda like heavy rain falling on a wooden roof, when the program is minimized, its gone. I tried the latest drivers for my onboard audio, then went back to CD-rom version, and back again...nothing. Tried dosabeling the onboard audio in bios...still does it, in fact the noise begin before windows boot...

I get audio glitches in some games as well,
In battlefield 2, i hear scratching in sound at some point.
In Dawn of War, the music is distorted.

I need to know whats going on, what is at fault here, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tried a different set of headphones? If it's doing it before the OS starts, then it sounds like its the headphones or bad connection/contact.

*Steam rising*
|<font color=red>(\__/)</font color=red>|
|<font color=red>(='.'=)</font color=red>|
|<font color=red>(")_(")</font color=red>|
~~~~~
BUNNY STEW FOR DINNER!!

Yan

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2004
I tried different headphones with no result. I am not using a wireless mouse either. I restarted several times last night and i must make a correction, the noise begins after windows starts only. The mouse makes noise when i mouve it around on bright backgrounds (such as the google start page or in my windows explorer), but not on very dark (black) backgrounds (such as my wallpaper).

One person suggested badly shielded components or with very high EMI... do i have a faulty Mobo?

It would definitely be interesting to see if you had the same issues on another mobo. Have you tried wiping the HDD and reinstalling the OS? Have a sound card that you can pop in a PCI slot?

*Steam rising*
|<font color=red>(\__/)</font color=red>|
|<font color=red>(='.'=)</font color=red>|
|<font color=red>(")_(")</font color=red>|
~~~~~
BUNNY STEW FOR DINNER!!

StigHelmer

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2005
What about badly shielded monitor? Makes sense with the colors and all..

Yan

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2004
I just tried enabeling spread spectrum on all, no results.
The sound chip is alone on IRQ 21, no conflict detected.

Heres something weird that might help, my old Mobo died 2 weeks ago, i bought a new one, this one, a cpu and PCI ex vid card. I installed everything and booted with my HD, which installed all the new drivers. Apart from a problem detecting some ide chanel device, everything ran fine. 3 days later i formated and reinstalled from scratch, thinking it was the best thing to do. The thing is, i might be wrong about this, but i didn;t hear these noise during those 3 days, this hapenned only after a reformated, im 90% sure of that. Then again i didn't use my pc much during that time, but i think i played Fable for a few minutes and i dont remember hearing these noises.

Im running out of options, i will try to get a PCI audio card and try that, but id like to know whats wrong as i haven't seen anyone with this problem before. Either windows is doing something wrong, or i have a faulty Mobo...

One more thing, i said the mouse cursor made noise when moved on bright backgrounds, scratch that, it dosen't on the white background of windows explorer, but will on the white background of the google page in my browser, and on this page as i write this.

Anyone has any idea what i could try?

TRENDING THREADS