shuojinz

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2010
I have been following this project since near the beginning the concept seems very interesting with North Korean rise to power, U.S. economic downturn, KPA unleash EMP upon the U.S.A. and invades. The game definitely has potential so far it looks pretty promising and I've yet to hear a person say it is like COD crossed with Half-life I usually hear COD with Battlefield which in case if you don't know Kaos studios' staff actually created the desert combat mod for Battlefield but that was a while ago :p

Alex The PC Gamer

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007
It's a little early to tell but yes, the concept (storyline) seems pretty interesting.

THQ needed a title like this to comeback in the FPS genre. I played Frontline: Fuel of War (never really played Multiplayer) and the game wasn't that great (on the PC, it really felt like a port from consoles to PC). However, the game had great potential with all the vehicles and gadgets. Gameplay mechanics were the best of that game, yet the worse. Sometimes it worked really well but failed certain times.

PC Port: Apparently, the studio is outsourcing their porting to the PC with the same company that ported games like Bioshock. It also looks like there will be exclusive content for the PC version (multiplayer content).

That said, Homefront should be a great improvement from Frontline and from what I've seen, the game looks great. I look forward to seeing more about this game.

SpinachEater

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2007
Yeah there doesn't seem to be much hype about it but from what I have seen it looks really interesting.

COD and Half-life cross...I said that based on the video I posted above because towards the end it has a scene where it looks like there are some character interactions that play out in front of you instead of going off to a cut scene. If it has that style that pulls you into the story like that I think it could be pretty cool.