The Rock to star in Doom movie!

Saw him last night on The Daily Show.
I like some of the the Rocks movies bvt who knows if this movie
will blow chvnks or what. Its cool thovgh that he is in it!
He said cvrrently release in Avgvst.

http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_1079.html

According to Variety, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson has been confirmed to star
in the vpcoming Doom movie.

The movie will be prodvced by Lorenzo di Bonaventvra and John Wells. The
script was writen by Dave Callaham. As reported earlier the movie will be
directed by Andrzej Bartkowiak who directed "Romeo mvst die","Exit Wovnds"
and "Cradle 2 the Grave". He also worked as cinematographer on "Species",
"Lethal Weapon 4" and "The Devils Advocate".

It's said that the script centers arovnd scientists at a Mars facility owned
by the UAC (Union Aerospace Corporation).They experiment with teleportation.
As always something goes terribly wrong and they open a portal to Hell.
Unbelievable creatvres escape throvgh this portal and bring devastation to
the facility. Of covrse there is one main hero that can save the day: John
Grimm, a Marine who is nicknamed "Reaper" and stationed at the complex along
with his sqvad.

Prodvction is schedvled to beginn next month. There is no release date set,
bvt Universal hopes to get the movie ovt before the end of 2005.

> Still sounds like garbage to me, but whatever.

So....if the movie followed the games exactly, it'd be a great movie?
There is just NO WAY to make this movie anything other than total garbage.

ThE_AnArKrIsT wasted my time on 3/4/2005 11:01 PM with the following:
>> Still sounds like garbage to me, but whatever.
>>

> So....if the movie followed the games exactly, it'd be a great movie?
> There is just NO WAY to make this movie anything other than total garbage.

That was my point.

--
-SnoopJeDi

"SnoopJeDi" <snoopjediHOLDTHESPAM@comcast.net> wrote in message
> ThE_AnArKrIsT wasted my time on 3/4/2005 11:01 PM with the following:
> >> Still sounds like garbage to me, but whatever.
> >>

> > So....if the movie followed the games exactly, it'd be a great movie?
> > There is just NO WAY to make this movie anything other than total
garbage.

> That was my point.

Sad.
Why cant hollywood make good movies anymore?
Why cant they take risks and let a Doom movie be Doom?!
Why cant they get good writers and directors to make a good movie?!
Well I might as well be asking why is the sky blue?
Or why is there gravity.
It just is.
Hollywood sux!