system standby failed

On occasion, when I set down my Dell laptop screen to put the system
into standby mode, it fails to enter standby mode and produces the
following error instead: http://www.duke.edu/~efn/driver.jpg . Any
ideas on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated. -Emmett

maybe you have a live connection somewhere, an image refresh or something
renewing itself every x seconds - the wifi card has to have no active
connections to enter standby .
might load a network monitor program which should show you what the
connection IP is and you'll figure it out from there.

"Emmett" <emmett_nicholas@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On occasion, when I set down my Dell laptop screen to put the system
> into standby mode, it fails to enter standby mode and produces the
> following error instead: http://www.duke.edu/~efn/driver.jpg . Any
> ideas on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated. -Emmett

On 5 Nov 2004 18:49:42 -0800, in alt.internet.wireless ,
emmett_nicholas@hotmail.com (Emmett) wrote:

>On occasion, when I set down my Dell laptop screen to put the system
>into standby mode, it fails to enter standby mode and produces the
>following error instead: http://www.duke.edu/~efn/driver.jpg . Any
>ideas on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated. -Emmett

presumably the network card is still busy. Wait a few seconds, and try
again. Alternatively upgrade the driver as the error implies.

--
Mark McIntyre