system standby failed

On occasion, when I set down my Dell laptop screen to put the system
into standby mode, it fails to enter standby mode and produces the
following error instead: http://www.duke.edu/~efn/driver.jpg . Any
ideas on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated. -Emmett
2 answers Last reply
More about system standby failed

    maybe you have a live connection somewhere, an image refresh or something
    renewing itself every x seconds - the wifi card has to have no active
    connections to enter standby .
    might load a network monitor program which should show you what the
    connection IP is and you'll figure it out from there.

    "Emmett" <emmett_nicholas@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > On occasion, when I set down my Dell laptop screen to put the system
    > into standby mode, it fails to enter standby mode and produces the
    > following error instead: http://www.duke.edu/~efn/driver.jpg . Any
    > ideas on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated. -Emmett

    On 5 Nov 2004 18:49:42 -0800, in alt.internet.wireless ,
    emmett_nicholas@hotmail.com (Emmett) wrote:

    >On occasion, when I set down my Dell laptop screen to put the system
    >into standby mode, it fails to enter standby mode and produces the
    >following error instead: http://www.duke.edu/~efn/driver.jpg . Any
    >ideas on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated. -Emmett

    presumably the network card is still busy. Wait a few seconds, and try
    again. Alternatively upgrade the driver as the error implies.

    --
    Mark McIntyre

Wireless Laptop Screen Internet Wireless Networking