AMD 760 and DDRAM

G

Is it possible, to run AMD 760 with a CPU (Duron or Athlon) with 100 Mhz Frontsidebus but nevertheless buying allready DDRAM for 133 Mhz on the anounced ASUS mainboard.
What's the reason for that? This could give me the oportunity to start with a cheaper CPU first and upgrading to a FSB 133 CPU later on but still being able to use the same DDRAM.

josef

G

As far as I know, the 760 supports both 100 and 133MHz Athlon/Duron CPU's. I don't expect a price premium between the 100/133 models, but the demand might be higher for the 133 ones. Regardless, the 266MHz DDRAM will run at 200MHz if that's what the system's set to. The only thing is that the memory can only be run synchronously to the FSB (100ddr,100ddr), as opposed to the current chipsets that allow asynchronous opperation (100ddr, 133).

I have not yet begun to procrastinate.

G

Just wanted to point out that the correct term is DDR-SDRAM, not "DDRAM".
SDRAM means Synchronous Dynamic RAM, and doesn't say anything about it being single or double data rate.
Standard SDR (Single Data Rate) memory is thus SDR-SDRAM, while DDR (Double Data Rate) memory is DDR-SDRAM.

-Apollo