any All-in-One mainboard avilabe for K7 system

G

Is there any all-in-one mainboard avilable for AMD Thurderbird system?

SoulReaper

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Why would you ever want a All-In-One motherboard unless you are just using it for businesses. All-in-one motherboards seriously limit you when it comes time to upgrade.

G

But all in ones are great for cheap, no need to ever upgrade systems. Like for the wife, the parents....

G

Amen to that, 'Reaper....you really, really don't want one. An even BIGGER problem with all-in-ones is that the graphics chip shares memory with the system and that slows things to a crawl. You'll never get the full potential of the CPU or the graphics core, no matter how good either one of them may be.

My oldest daughter's system is a Celery 466 with an all-in-one mobo (PC-Chips 748LMRT....yes, I know it's garbage) and my 3 year-old has a K6-2 366 (nudged). Anyhoo, I can plop an S3 ViRGE on the 366--not a ViRGE GX or DX, but the original, slug-slow ViRGE 325--and it will STILL outrun the 466 on any D3D software.

Bottom line: All-in-one boards slow everything to a crawl. If you bought a cheep video card on a basic motherboard you'd be much better off.

Have fun.

-OCPlaya