Sign in with
Your question

Grand Theft Auto IV release date check failure

Last response: in Video Games
October 27, 2010 11:32:51 AM

Hey people... I bought GTAIV and installed it and all is fine then when it comes to the realease date check it gives me a failure. so i choose the option to activate the game manually through a computer that has internet eventhough i also have a internet connection. so i do that and it says activation successful. but when i start the game it does the release date check again.. so i try to activate it manually again..and i click in activate manully and this time NOTHING happens!!! please help me :'(  :( 
October 27, 2010 11:34:48 AM

Where did you purchase the game from? Is it a legit copy that you purchased or a pirated version?

If it's pirated, I'd take it back to whoever sold it to you. This error usually shows up when the game has been pirated.

October 27, 2010 11:40:23 AM

its a original copy i bought it at gamestop! :( 
Related resources
October 27, 2010 11:52:30 AM

Have you checked the date and time of your system? Make sure it's set correctly. Maybe the game thinks it has expired?

Otherwise, I'd take it back to Gamestop if you can't get it to work and ask for an exchange.

October 27, 2010 11:55:50 AM

okay thanks for your help..how do i set date and time of my system? in the bios??
October 27, 2010 12:00:06 PM

You can set that from Windows or BIOS. Doing it within Windows is easier. Just right click on the time in the task bar and select "Adjust Date/Time" and set it correctly. This is how it is in XP. If you're running Windows 7 or Vista, click on the Date and Time on the extreme right of the task bar. Click Change Date and Time settings.

Now, if you set the date and time and when you power off and power your system back on and see that the date and time has reset itself, it sounds like you have a dead battery in your motherboard, so you'll have to either keep the system powered on all the time or else, open up your computer and replace the battery.

October 27, 2010 12:03:55 PM

thanks man i will try that now if that does not work ill be depressed :(  haha
October 27, 2010 12:08:47 PM

doesnt work :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'( 
October 27, 2010 12:13:47 PM

i have windows vista home premium at the moment. i am getting 64bit windows 7 professional soon so i have hope that it will work on windows 7! xD :D 
October 27, 2010 5:14:36 PM

It should work with Vista. Did you get all the latest patches for GTA IV and apply them?

If that doesn't work, I would take it back to GameStop and demand an exchange or your money back because apparently, you got a bad copy of the game.
November 6, 2010 7:19:19 AM

but how will it detect the patch if i can't even satrt up the game?
Anonymous
December 7, 2010 8:50:01 AM

I have the same problem!!!! :o O
Anonymous
July 31, 2011 7:08:18 AM

Me too :??: 
July 31, 2011 8:05:35 AM

What are you're PC specs ?
!