Help: Converting wads from dom to doom2 in Windows XP

Greetings,

I recently got back into Doom/Doom2. I am on Windows XP now, and none
of my old editors or conversion utilities work under XP (at least I
can't get them to work).

I have searched the net for an XP editor which converts between
formats (or even a stan-alone program like Dm2Conv, the old DOS
program) but no luck.

Can anyone help me with this?

Rich

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 12:07:35 GMT, Rich Kegarise
<richkegarise@mindspring.com> wrote:

>Greetings,
>
>I recently got back into Doom/Doom2. I am on Windows XP now, and none
>of my old editors or conversion utilities work under XP (at least I
>can't get them to work).
>
>I have searched the net for an XP editor which converts between
>formats (or even a stan-alone program like Dm2Conv, the old DOS
>program) but no luck.

I can name one Windows editor: WadAuthor. The catch is that this is
shareware.

You could take a look at ZETH, which is liked from here:
http://zdoom.org/download.html

For managing textures and other lumps, you can go with WinTex (which may or
may not require DeuTex.)

(BTW, I wouldn't bother converting something between the Doom/Doom2 format.
It's not too hard to find copies of the collector's edition and run it from
there.)

>Can anyone help me with this?
>
>Rich

Thanks for the reply. I just now answered my own question about how
to use a program (in this case, DM2CONV) under Windows XP: I just
wrote the command line in a batch file and executed it. All done.

Thanks for the editor heads up, though.

Rich