Dragon age origins

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightstalker_ns

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010
hi everyone ...

i just bought dragon age origins a few days ago and ts a good game really.

but thiers a little problem

i really cant understand how the game goes

u know in all the rpg games quests they tell u whats goin on or were and what to do

like borderlands they show u were to go on a map

but inthis game u take a Q as an example the quest where u find some guy in a cage he says he killed 8 ppl

and he tells u to talk to the mother

now i press on make active on the quest and then im like were do i go now

they dont show a point in the map i read the quest it says something like (go talk to the mother)

and thats actuly a side quest as far as i know but the story line quests are like go talk to someone

but they say nothing about weres he

so if thiers some tybe of a quest help in the game or a tips or anything like that id really like to hear what u have to say..

im sure some of u will say hes a retard :D

bamslang

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2009
Dragon Age has a great wiki site if you ever get stuck. I could have sworn if you go to the map, there were markers on where you were supposed to go.

Anyway, to get Sten out of his cage, you need to go to the main church in the village. Unless you have invested some points in persuasion, the mother won't let Sten out. To get around this, you can get a new companion, Lilea (or something like this) from the Tavern in the town and she can convince the mother to let him out.

nightstalker_ns

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010
thanks for the reply

i know thiers a golden tringle that marks the place that i should go to in the map

but thats in the firist quests

and in the quest were some guys wants u to rob ppl but the mother one it doesnt give me any mark on the map or any hints

its really imposible that who ever made the game made it to be played by the wiki web

so if u know something else ...

please share :)

SpinachEater

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2007
Yeah this game isn't as guided as most. The main story tries to keep it as an open world style where you can choose if you want to go to the elves, the dwarfs, or mages. I think the smaller side quests are a little more difficult to navigate because they mention a person that you have to find and then you are on your own.

I got PO on one of them because I killed a dude early on and then it turns out I needed him to get Stens sword. I ran around for hours until I figured out the dude I killed was the guy I was looking for to continue the quest. Oh well.

I found you really have to pay attention to names and places when people are blathering on and on about junk.

Mottamort

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
I for one was actually quite happy to have this slightly reduced hand holding in this game. I mean, if I think about the games I grew up with (Loom, Monkey Island 1, Sierra Quest series-esp. first few) you had no idea half of the time what you were doing. Most of the fun came from finding things out and trying stuff...Games have seemed to have lost that. Oh well, thats just my 2c.

If you are on the same scene as the quest, there will be an indicator on the map screen on where to go.

Also, heres a hint: Make sure the button that displays everything is set within easy reach (I think its Tab by default). You'll find a lot of hidden tidbits by constantly using it.

bamslang

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2009
@Mottamort - Wow you just brought me way back with Loom. Barely remember playing that cursed game as a kid. Got pretty far but never to the end.

@gamerk316 - I found out about the tab key after my first playthrough. Found a lot more stuff on my second go around.

Jonathern

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010
Only thing i dislike about this game is when your zoomed out, they should of offered a rotating camera angle just to make it easier to navigate, While in third person view its easy with WASD, overall a well crafted game

Status
Not open for further replies.