Software Voltage Selection??

G

I have an Aopen AX6BC with a celeron 466 and it overclocks easily to 525. I can get it to 583 but it is not stable. The temp however remains low (<35 C). The AX6BC doesn't support voltage changes but is their any software utilities that can do such a thing or some jumper settings or something. I've heard something about a "pin hack" but I'm not too sure what it is or even if I'd want to do it. Any help would be great. Thanks!

lakedude

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have an ax6b+ mobo very similar to yours. If my information is correct your cel466 is a socket processor and the mobo has a slot so you are using a converter card, correct? The converter card may provide an easy place to manually select the voltage. If your converter card does not allow manual voltage selection then you might want to spend $10.00us and get one that does. Then all you need to do is select the voltage you want with the jumpers on the converter card.

fyi: If you want to upgrade to a better cpu the ax6b+ supports much faster cpus than Aopen tells you about. With a bios upgrade my ax6b+ had no trouble with a cel600e (oced to 750) and could go much faster still. I will upgrade cpus one more time before changing mobos. It looks like I will miss the AMD window and not need both a new cpu and mobo until Intel is back on top.