Windows 7 driver ati mobility radeon x1600

G

Hi There, can anybody help me with a driver that will get my Sony Vaio VGN-BX396XP to run its native 1280 x 800 res in Windows 7 - W7 is telling me that its got a 'Generic Non-PnP Monitor on Standard VGA Graphics Adaptor, which it hasn't - it has an ATI Mobility Rareon X1600 (with HyperMemory - nice.). I guess it may be a memory issue, so perhaps I need to upgrade the Graphics card or allocate the Graphics Adaptor with more system RAM? Any help much appreciated. Cheers, Simon.

iug64

Honorable
Dec 12, 2012
Hi There, can anybody help me with a driver that will get my Sony Vaio VGN-BX396XP to run its native 1280 x 800 res in Windows 7 - W7 is telling me that its got a 'Generic Non-PnP Monitor on Standard VGA Graphics Adaptor, which it hasn't - it has an ATI Mobility Rareon X1600 (with HyperMemory - nice.). I guess it may be a memory issue, so perhaps I need to upgrade the Graphics card or allocate the Graphics Adaptor with more system RAM? Any help much appreciated. Cheers, Simon.

My X1600 Zoostorm runs well on Ati Mobility 8.561 drivers. I have tried a lot of other drivers and these seem to work best after fully uninstalling all old drivers.