Wi-Fi compatibilty between UK & US equipment

I have a D-Link DI-624 802.11g/b WiFi Wireless Router, bought in the UK
and am thinking of bringing back a PCMCIA card, for my laptop, from the
US when I go there next week.

I was wondering if there will be a compatibility issue?
I'm guessing the 802.11g & b are worldwide standards and I therefore
wont have a problem. Just dont want a PAL/NTSC, Region 1/2 sorta
problem.

Many thanks.

--
Entropy1024
More about compatibilty equipment

    Entropy1024 wrote:

    > I have a D-Link DI-624 802.11g/b WiFi Wireless Router, bought in the UK
    > and am thinking of bringing back a PCMCIA card, for my laptop, from the
    > US when I go there next week.
    >
    > I was wondering if there will be a compatibility issue?
    > I'm guessing the 802.11g & b are worldwide standards and I therefore
    > wont have a problem. Just dont want a PAL/NTSC, Region 1/2 sorta
    > problem.
    >
    > Many thanks.

    There is just one difference:
    In the EU there are 13 channels allowed, in the USA only 11. So US devices
    may (!) not work on channel 12 and 13.

    Thomas

WiFi and Home Networking Wireless Networking