Sign in with
Your question

Does size matter for XboX Slim if I have an HTPC?

Last response: in Video Games
November 1, 2010 9:45:55 PM

Hi all,

I am looking forward to buy a Xbox 360 with Kinect which is releasing on 4th Nov. I see there are two options for the same, one is the 4GB and other one is th 250GB console, for a difference of 200 dollars.

My question is, does size of the hard disk matter for an Xbox 360 slim version? I am also in the process of building an HTPC with around 4 TB of hard disk, hence i was wondering if i could use the hptc's hdd along with the xbox with the same functions that wud enable me with a higher capacity xbox disk?

Also was wondering about Kinect.. what are your take on this.
November 6, 2010 12:56:39 AM

holyindian said:
Hi all,

I am looking forward to buy a Xbox 360 with Kinect which is releasing on 4th Nov. I see there are two options for the same, one is the 4GB and other one is th 250GB console, for a difference of 200 dollars.

My question is, does size of the hard disk matter for an Xbox 360 slim version? I am also in the process of building an HTPC with around 4 TB of hard disk, hence i was wondering if i could use the hptc's hdd along with the xbox with the same functions that wud enable me with a higher capacity xbox disk?

Also was wondering about Kinect.. what are your take on this.

You will not be able to keep save games on the HTPC nor will you be able to copy the game to the hard drive for faster loads.

4GB is plenty of space for a few games and you can always pick up a smaller hard drive for it if you need more space. It just depends on your gaming habits. I would not recommend the 250GB version if you are intending to have an HTPC because the space will likely be wasted.

Kinect is a novelty, actually gaming on it, at least in its current iteration, seems like a joke to me. No doubt it may be entertaining for a while but eventually you will realize you don't want to play with a virtual animal. If more real games start coming out it can be fun but I don't see that happening/being functional without some updates. Just my opinion though. Motion controls are just a novelty in general, though Move to me has more potential for playability with immersion.
m
l
!