A7V USB Ports

G

I recently purchased the Asus A7V after reading the rave reviews. After much effort I have finally achieved a stable configuration. But for some reason only one of the 3 optional USB ports (the one in the middle) is functional. Since it is just about impossible to get any help from ASUS, some help from this forum will be greatly appreciated ....

Thx Kelly

Bubba

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
to get the one on the edge of the little extra USB card you have to connect the 4 pin black and red cable that came with the it to the card and then to the single USB set of pins on the motherboard.
Two get the last 2 out of 7 ports to work you have to buy another little USB card, they don't include both of them. But they are usually pretty cheap, like $10 or less.

G

I'm having the same problem with my A7V, the only difference is that the <i>only</i> usb port to work is that one in the middle of the little card... have you tried updating everything? What about your device driver manager? do you have any conflicts there?

Bubba

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
How many cables do you have connected to the little card?
One or two?
you should have 2, one grey thick one (looks like a mini IDE cable) and one 4-pin red, white, and black one.
The thick grey one connects to the 8 USB pins on the motherboard and the 4-pin connects to the 4 USB pins on the motherboard.
All of my usb port work, now I just need more devices.