Wi-Fi compatibilty between UK & US equipment

I'm guessing the Router will constantly cycle through all 13 channels
and will therefore 'see' the PCMCIA card.

Shpuld just need the one channel to work yes? Or does it use duplex on
2 channels?

Cheers

--
Entropy1024
More about compatibilty equipment

    No, it's simplex on one channel only, which you can select at both ends.
    It would only became problem if interference on all other channels forced
    you to use the Euro only ones.
    You won't exactly save a fortune on one PC Card...
    Regards,
    Martin

    On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 01:07:27 -0000, "Martin²" <never@give.one> wrote:

    >No, it's simplex on one channel only, which you can select at both ends.
    >It would only became problem if interference on all other channels forced
    >you to use the Euro only ones.
    >You won't exactly save a fortune on one PC Card...

    Which prompted me to do some research on the US and UK versions of
    Ebuyer (just to see how badly we are getting conned in the UK).

    I could find very few D-Link wireless cards with the same product code
    on both sides of the Atlantic but here are two I could find:

    D-Link AG650 108mbs (A, B, G+)
    UK £30.49 (+VAT for non-business users is £35.83)
    US $58.46 (XE.com makes that £31.44)

    D-Link G650+ 22mbs
    UK £15.80 (+VAT for non-business usesr is £18.57)
    US $39.28 (XE.com makes that £21.12)

    The UK site also has 54mbs and 108mbs versions of the G650+ but the US
    equivalent carries a slightly different product code so I've not
    compared them (in any case the UK is slightly cheaper for a business
    customer and slightly more expensive for a domestic one as above).

Wireless WiFi Internet Wireless Networking