My computer is HAUNTED!!!!!!

G

Recently the power supply died abruptly.The computer just died on me.I bought a new power supply 250 WATT(Like the old one).Plug it in and the CPU was back to life.But there is a problem...each time i shut the cpu down the mysterious ghost inside just restart it back.The time needed for the unwanted restart is random,from 5 to 30 minutes.The CPU doesent boot up all the way to windows,only the power supply fan seem to restart.So now each time i want to close the computer i have to shut it down normally and i also have to unplug it to make sure it wont start up later.But everything else works normally.Is there some BIOS settings i need to adjust or other similar things?

RavenPrime

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
There is a bios setting under powerup control:
AC PWR Loss Restart: [Enable]
It may look like this if you have an award bios but others will have something similar.
It sounds like there is a power interruption and that is causing your system to restart. I hope you have a good surge suppressor hooked to your system. Unplugging it is the next best thing.
The power interruption may also be occuring inside the box if you have a defective power supply or if the motherboard has a short. Double check all the cables and connections inside the case.

James