COD 4 MP Crashing in Windows 7

Hi

since I did all the windows 7 updates my Cod4 multiplayer has been crashing every time I start it, I have tried reinstalling it several times with different configs but to no avail, does anyone know the specific update causing the problem and a specific solution? singleplayer still works perfectly.

Please advise
12 answers Last reply
More about crashing windows
  1. Is your COD patched to the latest version?
  2. yes 1.7, also tried base version but always crashes
  3. Have a look at the complete list of Windows updates and see which ones were installed on the day in question. You can remove individual ones if need be.

    What is the specific error message, by the way?
  4. If, sit still not fine with what Herr suggested, then try reinstalling the game-
  5. 55Range said:
    If, sit still not fine with what Herr suggested, then try reinstalling the game-


    This thread just got solved,lol, Go to your onboard sound settings eg: Realtek sound manager, You must enable stereo mix so click on disabled devices and enable, Then your COD4 will be back in business :D
  6. Jonathern said:
    This thread just got solved,lol, Go to your onboard sound settings eg: Realtek sound manager, You must enable stereo mix so click on disabled devices and enable, Then your COD4 will be back in business :D


    If it's a sound-related problem, why does single player work, but not multi player?
  7. Herr_Koos said:
    If it's a sound-related problem, why does single player work, but not multi player?


    You know i have no idea why, I read it on a cod4 site and tried it out as i had the same issue, Then it worked so maybe it needs a certain codec but im telling you enabling stereo mix solves the problem no jokes
  8. Hmmm.. Worth a try, I suppose.
  9. Herr_Koos said:
    Hmmm.. Worth a try, I suppose.


    Well from personal experience i can vouch it will work
  10. Thanks For the info
  11. NightDrift said:
    Thanks For the info


    Its what i do,what we all do, Thanks to toms hardware and the brilliant minds that it contains, Happy computing fellow IT Specialists :hello:
  12. If that does not work there is one easy solution to this besides that, go to sound properties and enable mic :) That did the trick for me, and the reason singleplayer still works is because it doesnt use the mic.
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Windows 7 Multiplayer Call of Duty Video Games