• Mafia II

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • GTA IV

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters

namelessonez

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
Just started with Mafia II and so far, it reminds me BIG time of GTA IV. Barring the general issues GTA IV had (poorly coded, CPU hog, etc etc) and just sticking to the storyline and gameplay, which one do you prefer?

55Range

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2010
Well i like both but prefer GTA 4, :D
Only problem as you said , game is not that well optimized, but well, with the latest patches, gta 4 is much better now-

ATi RaDEoN

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2010
gameplay: gta 4 (just a bit better, although very oversensitive)

graphics: Mafia 2 (PhysX is awesome, beats gta 4's into dust)

storyline: Mafia 2 (such a strong storyline which makes us feel thrilling, emotional, feared and happy @ different chapters and @ different moments)

overall: Mafia 2 (no complains, no demands)

SupahDonkeh

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2010

Mafia 2 is a great game to rent, it has a fantastic story but its hard to mod and its not a very big map, also there is no multiplayer.
I still play GTA IV about 10 hours a week, and ive had it since the release date, and with a quad core cpu, a decent gpu and plenty of mods, it is a fantastic buy. (Best website for GTA IV mods is www.gta4-mods.com, hands down). :)

55Range

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2010

oh, thats right, I modded it also, much more enjoyable now-
Btw, the performance problems are mostly resolved with the latest patches, I think got a palytime of over 300 hrs in total [install and reinstalled, os change included] :D

Graphics wise, I like Mafia II. Granted I've only played the Demo.

Story wise, game play longevity, I'm thinking GTA IV based on what I've seen and heard. GTA IV allows you absolute freedom to run a muck and do whatever you want without any scripting forcing you along any path.

SupahDonkeh

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2010

and thats what a love about GTA IV :)

geniusender

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2010
hello buddies,
GTA 4 is a bad coded game.But if u have a high end pc then surely GTA4 is much better.
Physics applied in GTA 4 is quite impressive.Gameplay is far more better than Mafia 2.
Both have good stories.I was having a lot of expectations from Mafia 2 but it didn't came to be a big surprise.
By the way Mafia 2 is a good game but i will surely prefer GTA4 with every angle.
Just the coding of GTA 4 was a big disappointment.
otherwise till now GTA 4 is one of the best game.
Story-wise Mafia 2 is better than GTA4.

blackhamachi

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2010
all i can say is gtaiv, i really enjoyed playing the game finished it three times and about to take the fourth time, story line i have to admit is both never more never the less, gang wars wt it is in story line...who does not like gang wars? but i preffer gytaiv more..

namelessonez

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
I've been at Mafia II for a while. Then switched to GTA IV for the 3rd time. I gotta say: Stortywise Mafia II might be better....but the gameplay of GTA IV is what calls out to me again and again.

I guess a good story line ain't enough. The gameplay (the different ways you can play the game) is what really matters....gameplay value. Something similar to Half Life 2 when it came out. You could play the game again and again, unlike certain other titles.

beznet

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010
I havent played Mafia 2, but the original Mafia bad one of the best story lines I'v ever played. I cant imagine Mafia 2 falling much shorter