Mafia II or GTAIV....Storywise!

Just started with Mafia II and so far, it reminds me BIG time of GTA IV. Barring the general issues GTA IV had (poorly coded, CPU hog, etc etc) and just sticking to the storyline and gameplay, which one do you prefer?
15 answers Last reply
More about mafia gtaiv storywise
  1. Well i like both but prefer GTA 4, :D
    Only problem as you said , game is not that well optimized, but well, with the latest patches, gta 4 is much better now-
  2. GTA IV. Mafia II is sandbox by name only.
  3. Kinda agree....GTA IV is much better. I keep picturing Nico Bellic whenever I watch Vito boosting cars! Lol...
  4. gameplay: gta 4 (just a bit better, although very oversensitive)

    graphics: Mafia 2 (PhysX is awesome, beats gta 4's into dust)

    storyline: Mafia 2 (such a strong storyline which makes us feel thrilling, emotional, feared and happy @ different chapters and @ different moments)

    overall: Mafia 2 (no complains, no demands)
  5. namelessonez said:
    Just started with Mafia II and so far, it reminds me BIG time of GTA IV. Barring the general issues GTA IV had (poorly coded, CPU hog, etc etc) and just sticking to the storyline and gameplay, which one do you prefer?


    Mafia 2 is a great game to rent, it has a fantastic story but its hard to mod and its not a very big map, also there is no multiplayer.
    I still play GTA IV about 10 hours a week, and ive had it since the release date, and with a quad core cpu, a decent gpu and plenty of mods, it is a fantastic buy. (Best website for GTA IV mods is www.gta4-mods.com, hands down). :)
  6. SupahDonkeh said:
    Mafia 2 is a great game to rent, it has a fantastic story but its hard to mod and its not a very big map, also there is no multiplayer.
    I still play GTA IV about 10 hours a week, and ive had it since the release date, and with a quad core cpu, a decent gpu and plenty of mods, it is a fantastic buy. (Best website for GTA IV mods is www.gta4-mods.com, hands down). :)


    oh, thats right, I modded it also, much more enjoyable now-
    Btw, the performance problems are mostly resolved with the latest patches, I think got a palytime of over 300 hrs in total [install and reinstalled, os change included] :D
  7. I feel both are quite similar in terms of 'gameplay'......just that GTA IV uses modern stuff in its maps (Cars, weps, etc). Plus, you can't fly choppers in Mafia II. :D
  8. Graphics wise, I like Mafia II. Granted I've only played the Demo.

    Story wise, game play longevity, I'm thinking GTA IV based on what I've seen and heard. GTA IV allows you absolute freedom to run a muck and do whatever you want without any scripting forcing you along any path.
  9. jerreece said:
    Graphics wise, I like Mafia II. Granted I've only played the Demo.

    Story wise, game play longevity, I'm thinking GTA IV based on what I've seen and heard. GTA IV allows you absolute freedom to run a muck and do whatever you want without any scripting forcing you along any path.


    and thats what a love about GTA IV :)
  10. Storywise... Mafia 2...

    Gameplay... GTA IV
  11. hello buddies,
    GTA 4 is a bad coded game.But if u have a high end pc then surely GTA4 is much better.
    Physics applied in GTA 4 is quite impressive.Gameplay is far more better than Mafia 2.
    Both have good stories.I was having a lot of expectations from Mafia 2 but it didn't came to be a big surprise.
    By the way Mafia 2 is a good game but i will surely prefer GTA4 with every angle.
    Just the coding of GTA 4 was a big disappointment.
    otherwise till now GTA 4 is one of the best game.
    Story-wise Mafia 2 is better than GTA4.
  12. all i can say is gtaiv, i really enjoyed playing the game finished it three times and about to take the fourth time, story line i have to admit is both never more never the less, gang wars wt it is in story line...who does not like gang wars? but i preffer gytaiv more..
  13. I've been at Mafia II for a while. Then switched to GTA IV for the 3rd time. I gotta say: Stortywise Mafia II might be better....but the gameplay of GTA IV is what calls out to me again and again.

    I guess a good story line ain't enough. The gameplay (the different ways you can play the game) is what really matters....gameplay value. Something similar to Half Life 2 when it came out. You could play the game again and again, unlike certain other titles.
  14. I havent played Mafia 2, but the original Mafia bad one of the best story lines I'v ever played. I cant imagine Mafia 2 falling much shorter
  15. YEs I completed Mafia 2 in 2 weeks, they make the game more easier than ever..
    and no multiplayer
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming CPUs Video Games