Doom Demo Crashes (pls help if you can)

Just started playing the downloadable Doom 3 demo. I've got a P4 1.7ghz with
512 meg ram and an ATI Raedeon 9550SE 128meg video card. When I get on the
first elevator at the start of the game (after following the robot guide),
the games freezes.

Anyone have any ideas?
3 answers Last reply
More about doom demo crashes
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.doom (More info?)

    Phil De Groot wasted my time on 4/3/2005 10:44 AM with the following:
    > Just started playing the downloadable Doom 3 demo. I've got a P4 1.7ghz with
    > 512 meg ram and an ATI Raedeon 9550SE 128meg video card. When I get on the
    > first elevator at the start of the game (after following the robot guide),
    > the games freezes.
    >
    > Anyone have any ideas?

    I recommend using the Omegadrivers on any Radeon chipset (mobility
    included), because in my experience, some of them tend to freeze up
    after x minutes in game (mine was about 10 minutes, and it required a
    full reboot)

    You can get them here:

    http://www.omegadrivers.net

    Also, your CPU is above the minimum requirements by just a scraping of
    the nuts, so you can't expect too much from it.

    You can read various tweak guides online (not sure if you can use all of
    the settings in the demo, but who knows?!), and I highly recommend this one:

    http://www.techspot.com/tweaks/doom3/

    Which gives you a complete and very thorough look at all the settings
    in-game, for best performance and image quality.

    --
    -SnoopJeDi
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.doom (More info?)

    See if the troubleshooting sections at <
    http://ucguides.savagehelp.com/Doom3/FAQ_Instability.htm > help. Tweaking
    the setting 'image_cacheMinK' can cause problems, see the suggestions at <
    http://ucguides.savagehelp.com/Doom3/FPSVisuals.htm >

    HTH

    M.W.H

    "Phil De Groot" <phildegroot@rogers.com> wrote in message
    > Just started playing the downloadable Doom 3 demo. I've got a P4 1.7ghz
    > with
    > 512 meg ram and an ATI Raedeon 9550SE 128meg video card. When I get on the
    > first elevator at the start of the game (after following the robot guide),
    > the games freezes.
    >
    > Anyone have any ideas?

  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.doom (More info?)

    Thanks, I'll try
    "M.W.H" <mapson_no@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > See if the troubleshooting sections at <
    > http://ucguides.savagehelp.com/Doom3/FAQ_Instability.htm > help. Tweaking
    > the setting 'image_cacheMinK' can cause problems, see the suggestions at <
    > http://ucguides.savagehelp.com/Doom3/FPSVisuals.htm >
    >
    > HTH
    >
    > M.W.H
    >
    > "Phil De Groot" <phildegroot@rogers.com> wrote in message
    > > Just started playing the downloadable Doom 3 demo. I've got a P4 1.7ghz
    > > with
    > > 512 meg ram and an ATI Raedeon 9550SE 128meg video card. When I get on
    the
    > > first elevator at the start of the game (after following the robot
    guide),
    > > the games freezes.
    > >
    > > Anyone have any ideas?

Graphics Cards Games Video Games