Which motherboard is the best for Althon?

G

I want to ask which one motherboard is the best for AMD Althon 900- 1000MHz CPU?
Before I watch this boards about Asus A7V, I am plan to buy it, but now, I will not buy it, since it is too many problems.
Do anyone can give me a suggest which motherboard can run W2K Server and Professional which build on Althon platform is the best. Thanks.
I am sorry my english is not well, since I am come from Hong Kong

Kei

Raistlin

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Well i must admit reading this forum would scare me off buying a A7V. but i have one and it is running great now
I considered the FIC AZ11 but i am not big FIC fan
after my pa-2013 or SD-11 i bought off of em
the Gigabyte board is worse.
I think Abit had one that was pretty good forget the model number.

Bubba

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
The A7V works great if you read the manual and know what you are doing.
But I must agree, after the FIC PA2013 incident, I will never use another FIC board.

Atman

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
One other reason for more A7V posts here would be that it is just so much more popular than the others. The Abit KT7 and KT7-Raid are also popular. There are just more in circulation....or so I would presume.
At least you can read of the bugs and the fixes for them and have plenty of experienced friends here to help.
Have A Good One
Atman

G

I built a system for a friend of mine with an MSI K7T-Pro. It was the first good mobo available this side of the Atlantic and certainly is rock solid- only major down sides are the lack of multiplier settings and the older Via southbridge.
This weekend I'll be building 2 new sys. I intend to use the K7T-Pro 2 for both, as it's as stable as the Pro, but has a better southbridge (ATA-100 support) and those all important multiplier settings.
The main reason for me to choose the MSI over ASUS (A7V) or ABIT (KT7) is cost. The MSI is about 50 Euro cheaper than the other two. It also has a very neat diag LED system for the bootprocess. But if either of the other two had been cheaper, I would have bought the, instead.

Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

TRENDING THREADS