My graphic card is an evga gtx 260 with 2 DVI exits.
The 22" is DVI to DVI
the 32" is DVI to HDMI
When I was on XP everything was working fine but since I've been on windows 7 it doesn't work anymore
not only I don't have any sound on the 32" but when i do clone I only have the background on the other screen, nothing else.
do you have a 32" monitor or TV, it really matters, and I'll hazard a guess/repair, but no guarantee's since I'm guessing
1. Get Phoenix EDID Designer, (http://www.tucows.com/preview/329441), unzip and run the exe (no install reqd)
2. Click Tools->Extract registry EDID, then double click the line for your TV/monitor in the popup
3. Click Tools->Byte viewer, and note down the values in row 00, columns 08-0B (4 bytes)
4. Start the installation of the latest Nvidia drivers and cancel out once the files are extracted
6. Open the file "nv_disp.inf" in a text editor. By default for the current drivers this is in C:\NVIDIA\...\169.21
7. Scroll down to the section [nv_SoftwareDeviceSettings], add the following line there, replacing the "XX" values below with the 4 values noted in step 3:
(In my case the TV code was SYN 0043, the four values being: 4F,2E,43,00 )
4. Uninstall your current drivers and reboot
5. Install the modified drivers by running the previously extracted setup.exe. By default for the current drivers, this is in C:\NVIDIA\...\169.21. You'll get a warning about the driver not being signed because of the modified inf. Just press OK.