Dlink DWL-G810 Experience (and DWL-2100AP)

If anyone is searching on this wireless bridge and is coming up with
conflicting information as to whether it can bridge networks, I can
confirm that it will *not*. Rather, it is only useful for connecting
a single (1, one) device to a WAP.

My experience is that it works great for this, but I'm returning it
since I needed it to actually bridge an entire network of devices (4
of them in my case).

So, I went out and got another DWL-2100AP to bridge to my other
2100AP. So far, so good. It worked perfectly as soon as I put them
in PtP bridge mode. I'm using automatic channel switching, WEP 128,
dynamic turbo, and G only. Both are using the new 2.0 firmware.

I know others have had problems bridging two 2100APs (drop outs, etc),
so I'll update this post if I experience otherwise. I have only been
using the 2100s in bridge mode for a day or so.

PeterPunk

Hello,

thanks for the information. I have a question.

I want to link two networks using 2100AP, i think i have problems with the subnet i am using in each network.

What are the natural configuracion in subnets of each network? i.e. : network a : 192.168.0.x using gateway as 2100AP of its network and network b: 192.168.1.y using gateway as 2100AP of its network. Or configuring the clients (wired and wireless) using static routings to the other network?

thanks in advance