Sign in with
Your question

Real time strategy game suggestions based on realism.......

Last response: in Video Games
November 6, 2010 12:40:15 AM

Hello,
What are some suggestions for real time strategy games that run with windows 7? WWII or any other historical or realistic setting...
November 15, 2010 2:17:45 PM

R.U.S.E. , World in Conflict and the old but still my favorite game Command and Conquer generals
m
l
November 15, 2010 4:50:21 PM

Don't forget company of heroes. There is another one but I cannot remember its name. Think it is available through steam.
m
l
Related resources
November 15, 2010 7:16:38 PM

I recommend Company of heroes series. There is free beta on Company of heroes online going on. Download it and see if you like it. There is link to their site: http://www.companyofheroes.com/ you can download it from there.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
November 16, 2010 6:38:01 AM

Definitely Company of Heroes, if WW2 is what you want. As for other historical settings, the AoE or Total War series are also worth checking out.
m
l
November 17, 2010 7:41:15 PM

World in conflict is probably still the best available. Don't follow the RTS scene too much I have to admit - but compared to dozens of other games, the game design is just outstanding in this one. Quite a bit of depth, high stress on teamwork, and there is almost never more than 10 seconds when no interesting action takes place. Quite fast paced - a game is 20 minutes tops.

Set in late 1980's cold war setting, combined arms approach. You can command forces as the armor, support, infantry or air arm of the army.
m
l
November 18, 2010 12:25:07 AM

IF you want a high degree of realism I would suggest Stronghold 2, it is available from steam, and it also gives you a challenge to play, as you will have to be managing everything in town such as resource, waste management and thievery, etc.
I is really a fun game to play, and you can play it only ( It is based on the medieval times)
m
l
November 23, 2010 3:54:06 AM

Anything runs on Windows 7.

Supreme Commander is a goodie.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
November 23, 2010 6:17:16 AM

wowohwow said:
Anything runs on Windows 7.

Supreme Commander is a goodie.

Not a historical or realistic setting. Awesome game though, well worth checking out.
m
l
November 23, 2010 10:38:09 AM

Im not sure if these games still run on windows 7 because its quite old..
Try the Blitzkrieg Series. its a historical RTS with realistic settings..
m
l
!