Looking for LG VX7000 Phonebook transfer software

I need to find sync/transfer software that will work with this phone.

Anyone know of anything out there currently?

Thanks...

J. Middleman

Posted Via Binaries.Net Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
http://www.binaries.net

Weird...LG sells the serial cable for this unit, but indicates "sold without
software".

"Killer Madness" <killer@nospam.net> wrote in message:

> Weird...LG sells the serial cable for this unit, but indicates
> "sold without software".

I'm am thinking about ordering Verizon's Mobile Office Kit in hopes of a
solution to this problem. They claim it includes some data linking software
from Smithmicro. I went to the smithmicro website and they do have a
phonebook edititng program, but is not specifically mentioned in the
software description for the Verizon Mobile Office Kit.... I guess I will
find out...

J.Middleman

Posted Via Binaries.Net Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
http://www.binaries.net

I have the MOK for my V710 and it does include Smith Micro's Quicklink
Mobile Phonebook. Works very nicely I might add!

The free program Bitpim might also work for your VX7000, but you still need
a USB cable, which is included in the MOK.

Bob the Printer wrote:
> The free program Bitpim might also work for your VX7000, but you
> still need a USB cable, which is included in the MOK.

I have seen people use the VX6000 USB to serial cable with the VX7000
and have that work. BitPim currently only supports the filesystem
view with the VX7000.

There is someone helping add all the other functionality but since
I don't have the phone in my hands, it is somewhat slow going.

Roger

"Roger Binns" <rogerb@rogerbinns.com> wrote in message:

> There is someone helping add all the other functionality but since
> I don't have the phone in my hands, it is somewhat slow going.

I can imagine that that might be difficult. How do you know where things are
mapped in memory??? Do you just have to guess? Is there a developers
specification for the VX7000? Just curious...

Thanks for the "INPUT" ...

Posted Via Binaries.Net Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
http://www.binaries.net

That's why I like Nokia so much. You can download their FREE software off
their website, install it on your computer and there you go. It will sync
with Outlook, or whatever program you choose. Unlike Motorola where you need
to be a scientist to find a program that will work.

Middleman wrote:
> "Roger Binns" <rogerb@rogerbinns.com> wrote in message:
>> There is someone helping add all the other functionality but since
>> I don't have the phone in my hands, it is somewhat slow going.
>
> I can imagine that that might be difficult. How do you know where
> things are mapped in memory??? Do you just have to guess? Is there a
> developers specification for the VX7000? Just curious...

All answered at http://bitpim.org/papers/phonespecs/

Roger

I have used the VX7000 VZW mobile office kit. It works like a champ to
transfer/edit the phone book.

ShackAttack

"Middleman" <anonymous> wrote in message news:41463c8c$1_1@127.0.0.1...
>I need to find sync/transfer software that will work with this phone.
>
> Anyone know of anything out there currently?
>
> Thanks...
>
> J. Middleman
>

> Posted Via Binaries.Net Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
> http://www.binaries.net

Mary

Does it also transfer the pictures, wallpaper and ringtones too?

"ShackAttack" <shackattack6089@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I have used the VX7000 VZW mobile office kit. It works like a champ to
> transfer/edit the phone book.
>
> ShackAttack
>

> "Middleman" <anonymous> wrote in message news:41463c8c$1_1@127.0.0.1...
> >I need to find sync/transfer software that will work with this phone.
> >
> > Anyone know of anything out there currently?
> >
> > Thanks...
> >
> > J. Middleman
> >

> > Posted Via Binaries.Net Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
> > ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
> > http://www.binaries.net

And you had to pay for that kit, right? I bet you did. Like my original post
indicated, Nokia's software is
%100 FREE and works damn good with infrared, cable, etc....also with Outlook
and others. It also incorporates it's own synch program if you don't want to
use an email client. None of the other manufactures or even cellular
companies give you this for free.

Killer Madness wrote:

> Either you're a joker, which is fine...or you're an idiot

I vote joker. :)

Steve Sobol wrote:
> Killer Madness wrote:
>
>> Either you're a joker, which is fine...or you're an idiot
>
> I vote joker. :)

no. I'm an idiot according to his definition.

> Either you're a joker, which is fine...or you're an idiot and comprehend
and
> absorb and retain any information which you've read in the past

I understood and remembered what Killer wrote in the past.
Case in point: After leaving and just before coming back Killer said
he was going to pay the ETF and switch back. Now he claims
that he didn't pay ETF because he has "connections" through the
cable company. He's also now claiming that the "boss of his life"
(wife?) is the one that forced him to switch back. Not sure I
understand that one. Maybe she was the one who tried to call
him? Killer?

it just gets better and better -:)
-Quick

I have connection from working in the cable business, but not directly from
the cable business. Everyone assumes that I have benefits from the cable
company directly...which is not true at all.