Acer to Launch 7- and 10-inch Tablets This Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
I don't get what kind of "subsidized" do you hope for, when iphone's / HTC Droid's total cost of ownership in US is 2500-3000, when phones cost less than one third of that.

jimslaid2

Distinguished
May 24, 2010
I'll take a Wi-Fi only version thank you. I don't need and extra $30 to $40 3g data bill every month just to be able to use it in my car.

huron

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2007
While we've seen that these tablets can be fun and good for media and internet connectivity, I still look forward to when they can utilize something like Pixel Qi - so they can last longer and be better e-readers as well. That to me would be fantastic.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
[citation][nom]jimslaid2[/nom]I'll take a Wi-Fi only version thank you. I don't need and extra $30 to $40 3g data bill every month just to be able to use it in my car.[/citation]
I agree.

Trueno07

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009
Can we just keep this tablet seperate from any phone carriers? Because it seems the second cell phone companies get their hands on something, the price doubles.

jjpmann

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2009
damn, stopped to login and was posted prematurely*

I agree they should keep the tables (also phones) separate from phone carries. No one likes contracts with bad networks. Can't they just offer a subsidized rebate for signing up for it if the user wants to.

DaddyW123

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
[citation][nom]KawiNinjaZX[/nom]How about being able to wireless tether a smart phone like the Droid or iPhone to this tablet for internet?[/citation]
I like this idea. how about Android OS to Android OS via blue tooth from tablet to phone so you don't have to worry about wires, - and it could even come with a little "piggy backing" carry case so you have the tablet hold the phone behind it so you don't have to worry about where your phone is... though I suppose as long as it's blue tooth you could just keep your phone in your pocket.

That way no extra 3G fees for the talblet because you already have it for your phone, and no worries about network exclusivity. BRILLIANT!!

Taiwanese carriers (i.e. Far EasTone) does not feature SIM-lock on their phones, and henceforth they are no subsidized. Talks are probably just to ensure compatibility on UMTS networks, nothing more.

baracubra

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2008
I wish some company would release a tablet with a stylo pen input so I could take notes in class and not have to type it up...plus I could then doodle and draw stuff from bio/chem/econ and keep everything together and not have to luge around a 10 ton bag everyday from school.

A while back microsoft said they'd be releasing a stylo tablet, but haven't heard of it ever since

G

I find 8 to 9" to be key for a quality device.
7" looks too much like a stretched iphone, or pmp player

Status
Not open for further replies.