CoD Black Ops & 360 gamepad.

tical2399

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2009
Ok i'm pretty sure i'm going to get a bunch of responses that really don't answer my question but hopefully there will be one or two in there that actually just say yes or no.

So as the title suggests i'm interested in CoD black ops for pc when it comes out in a few days but I HATE kb/m setups I play all my games (except RTS) with a 360 control and other game pads for some older games.

My question is does anybody know if it supports the 360 controller? I know it's not out yet but maybe somebody has tried the beta if there is one or has come across info from the devs.

Now let me address all the dumb ass question/comments before they are asked/stated so I can get that out of the way so respondents can focus on answering the questions if they know the answer.

Dumb ass question comments:

Q:Why would you do that to yourself?
A: None of your business

C: You should use kb/m, its superior
A: Don't care.

C: You'll be at a disadvantage in MP
A: Did I say I wanted to play MP?? Even if I did that's my problem not yours.

C: Just learn to use a kb/m
A: Just learn to answer the question asked.

Q: Who uses a controller for FPS
A: I do

Q: Why not just get it for 360/PS3
A: I want the improved graphics and frame rates (sometimes) that come with PC AND the control method of consoles. Also My consoles are just for exclusives.

Ok now that that's out of the way I hope you guy can help. The above questions/replies were not to be rude, but I find that on this site and others when a person asks about controller and PC games they get a bunch of snarky answers and very little in the way of useful answers. I appreciate any useful answer you guys can provide.

tical2399

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2009

Thanks for the reply. I really don't trust steam though. I hear alot about games on steam not having controller support even though boxed retail versions do.

tical2399

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2009

Sweet I think i'll pick it up. As far as it being crap every review everywhere seems to say otherwise so i'll pick it up. Thanks for the controller info.

ern88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2009
There are lots of problems with the PC version. lots of lags and stuttering on both MP and SP. I would read the steam forum. Since I am at work and fire walled from game sites. There might be a fix but not sure. good luck man

tical2399

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2009
yes it works with 360 controller, but no force feedback!!! Even not an option for that.... :pfff:

Well that kinda sucks but at least it can use the controller. Kinda figured they do a half assed job since like many of the leet kb/m fans out there they don't really care about helpin out users of controllers when it comes to fps