DDR Boards??

G

Does anyone carry DDR boards yet....I'm desprate for one now!!!!! HELP

G

goto www.pricewatch.com and search for "AMD 760"..some place is selling them and shipping after thanksgiving...better hurry tho

RamaV

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
you may want to look on the message boards here for an Arcitle " Whos got news on DDR MBs and chipsets" i started on 11/21, and have gotten some good feedback. Since im also in the market for it myself, and quite anxious, ill let you know that im not going to rush, thers 2 new chipsets ive heard out so far, and i havent heard about any benchsmarks or reviews on either. and theyre both real new, so im going to wait till i get some reviews and tests read, and then if they are buggy would prefer to wait for a stable DDR platform. THe MBs ive seen out so far look good, but there are more on the way, which im happy about because i think they could be a tad better. The one Asus is going to be releasing has only 5 PCI and no legacy slots..not a big issues youd think, until you run out, and being i have a P2BF i know they can do better. And im unclear on how many DIMM slots they have. One model only has DDR slots, it says 2, it looks like 4. THe other model has slots for both regular SDRAM sticks and DDR, and im not a fan of mixing. They all seem to offer ATA100, but then i also see them with 4 USB ports, which to me sounds like overkill, and possibly where they went overboard with one thing, they cut out something else. Id urge a bit of patience as we get all the facts out of these people <G> Join the fight, help us wring the truth out of them~!
And if you find any info at all, please post it up here, i think alot of us are clamrouing or info on this.