Closed Solved

The sims 2 installation problems

Heloo

Can anyone help me please?

I installed my sims 2 on the PC but I wanted it to install in the "F" drive or the external harddrive but it forces it to go to "C" but my C drive is full and now I cant install another sims expansion pack. How do I get it to intall it in the F or external harddrive (even though I told it to install in the F drive it changes automatically to the "C" drive.

Please help me!

Nina
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about sims installation problems
  1. Are you trying to install the first Sims 2 release, or an expansion? For most games, it will force you to install the expansion to the same location as the original game.
  2. I have the sims 2,family fun stuff,glamour life,pets,night life,university,and open for bussiness installed in the C drive but it is too full now and I want to install it in the F or external harddrive but it automatically installs in the C drive even though I selected it to install en the F or extrnal harddrive.
  3. Like I mentioned: Expansion packs have to be installed to the same destination as the original game. You will need to free up space on your C drive.
  4. Ok I understand but is it possible to install it in the F or the other drive? because I tried when I installed everything from the start but it forced it to the C drive so I just went on with the rest but now I want to install the sims seasons, but I know I have to uninstall and install again. Is there a setting where you know for sure its going to the F drive or the other one.
  5. Best answer
    you should be able to. i installed sims 2 on an external drive. if the installer asks for either a typical installation or a custom one, choose the custom one and it should allow you to change the install path
  6. Ok thank you so much I hope it will ask me that. what if it doesnt will I only be able to install it in the C drive?
  7. Can someone tell me if my sims 2 and all the other expansion packs will work on windows 7?
  8. Probably, yes. i have yet to find something that doesn't work on Windows 7.
  9. Ok thank you for your help:-)
  10. Best answer selected by Janine_07.
  11. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Handheld Gaming Sims External Hard Drive Video Games