The sims 2 installation problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janine_07

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2010
Heloo

Can anyone help me please?

I installed my sims 2 on the PC but I wanted it to install in the "F" drive or the external harddrive but it forces it to go to "C" but my C drive is full and now I cant install another sims expansion pack. How do I get it to intall it in the F or external harddrive (even though I told it to install in the F drive it changes automatically to the "C" drive.

Please help me!

Nina

Solution
you should be able to. i installed sims 2 on an external drive. if the installer asks for either a typical installation or a custom one, choose the custom one and it should allow you to change the install path

Janine_07

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2010
I have the sims 2,family fun stuff,glamour life,pets,night life,university,and open for bussiness installed in the C drive but it is too full now and I want to install it in the F or external harddrive but it automatically installs in the C drive even though I selected it to install en the F or extrnal harddrive.

Janine_07

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2010
Ok I understand but is it possible to install it in the F or the other drive? because I tried when I installed everything from the start but it forced it to the C drive so I just went on with the rest but now I want to install the sims seasons, but I know I have to uninstall and install again. Is there a setting where you know for sure its going to the F drive or the other one.

jefe323

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
you should be able to. i installed sims 2 on an external drive. if the installer asks for either a typical installation or a custom one, choose the custom one and it should allow you to change the install path

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.