How can I get my PC's DVD drive to read xbox games for backup

degreen521

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
I have a Silverstone HTPC with an XFX MB-N780-ISH9 NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI motherboard, an Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz CPU, 8GB (4 x 2GB) OCZ SLI-Ready Edition DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) DDR2 SDRAM & 2 x XFX PVT94PYDE4 GeForce 9600GT Extreme GPU's Running SLI with 3TB of Storage. I just recently upgraded from a basic DVD±R DL Burner to a SAMSUNG SH-B083L/BSBP Blu-ray DVD±RW (±R DL) / DVD-RAM Lightscribe Combo Drive. I now need help with that drive. Does anyone know what must be done in order for me to be able read my xbox 360 games to back them up? If anyone has any answers Please post them.

If you are worried about your discs getting scratches then I recommend you try D-Skins for for CDs, DVDs, and Blu-Rays.

http://www.amazon.com/D_Skin-20-Pack-DVD-Game-Playstation/dp/B00066ZMWY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1289590567&sr=8-3

They are a clear protective "skin" that you can attach / remove from your disc. They are pretty decent but some drives may have issues reading the disc with the D-Skin on. I haven't had that issue, but sometimes it does take the drive a little more time to recognize the disc; 20 - 30 seconds perhaps.

Mr_Me

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2011
For the "Majority" of software It's perfectly legal to make a "personal" copy of a medium in order to preserve the original. It's when you make a copy for "ANY OTHER" purpose, weather for monetary gain or not, is when you re in violation of copyright infringement & software piracy.
And if don't agree with this answer then,
NOW ANSWER THIS....
If you use Microsoft products in EVERY aspect in the invention of software that becomes a multimillion dollar success, CAN MICROSOFT claim part owner because you used software you did NOT own?
If so , WHY?
If not, WHY NOT?