Crysis 64-bit?

Hi all,
I am running Crysis on Windows 7 Home Premium (Athlon X3 440 CPU) with all the patches installed. I gather there is 32 and 64 bit versions in Crysis. Would Crysis automatically run in 64-bit mode on my system, or would it run 32-bit as default? And would I have to manually have set it to run in 64-bit mode if not?

Andy.
12 answers Last reply
More about crysis
  1. You dont have to do anything, am assuming you meant your win is 64 bit-
    No worries, games will work w/o you doing anything-
  2. It actually gets about 8 fps higher in x86 than x64
  3. Martin 71 said:
    It actually gets about 8 fps higher in x86 than x64

It runs at higher fps in x86 (32-bit)? I would have thought it would be quicker in 64-bit. Just wondering. Would my save games be compatible with the 32-bit version if I switched to it for the better framerate?
  4. Martin 71 said:
    It actually gets about 8 fps higher in x86 than x64

Well well, how is that possible ?
  5. andyp3001 said:
    It runs at higher fps in x86 (32-bit)? I would have thought it would be quicker in 64-bit. Just wondering. Would my save games be compatible with the 32-bit version if I switched to it for the better framerate?

yes, I think they would be... but I cannot promise you. Make a backup before you try. As for 55range, I believe the 64bit thing was just tacked on before release so people would think it has better support for all os'es. It doesn't seem to be very well thought out or useful. Oh, and x86 is 32bit.
  6. 32 and 64 bit games saves are the same. The only difference is in the processing, nothing else.
  7. That's all that it was really meant to do, the saves are going to be the same, CPU performance will be about the only thing that will really change.
  8. Martin 71 said:
    yes, I think they would be... but I cannot promise you. Make a backup before you try. As for 55range, I believe the 64bit thing was just tacked on before release so people would think it has better support for all os'es. It doesn't seem to be very well thought out or useful. Oh, and x86 is 32bit.

I see,
    Btw i know 32 bit = X86 :D
  9. 55Range said:
    Well well, how is that possible ?

Memory, register use, and a few other factors.

I'd actually be VERY interested in new 64-bit Crysis benchmarks on systems with >6GB RAM, as I suspect on those systems, the 64-bit exe might be faster...
  10. gamerk316 said:
    Memory, register use, and a few other factors.

I'd actually be VERY interested in new 64-bit Crysis benchmarks on systems with >6GB RAM, as I suspect on those systems, the 64-bit exe might be faster...

very likely.
  11. I have heard it performs better in 32 bit, but I ahve not tested it myself in a long time and can not remember the results.
  12. I've heard it runs better in x86, in x64, and heard that they run the same so it might not make a difference. I've personally ran both and noticed no significant change.
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Windows 7 Crysis Video Games