ASUS A7V irq

G

So with this highly rated board it seems that u only have one unshared slot no matter what u do. I have a sound card that must stand alone. And a network card for my DSL that is also the same... can anyone advise of a network card that likes to share irq's.

Thanks
Kelly

G

Hi Kelly,

Correct me if I am wrong, but you want to use a network card for ADSL (or do you mean something different with DSL).
If that's the case the following may guide you to a solution. I know in Belgium (that's where I live) you can have ADSL through a ADSL-modem (USB). This could mean you can use this king of modem and evade the problem of having to choose between USB and ADSL. I know this setup gives you the same high speed internet connetion as a network card. BTW if you want ADSL in Belgium, you can choose between these two systems.

G

I'm using an 3-Com 905-TX NIC. Here's the setup on my A7V.
AGP slot - Cardex GeForce2 MX 32 Megs at 4x
Slot 1 empty - shared with AGP
Slot 2 empty - shared with Promise ATA/100 controller
Slot 3 SBLive! sound card. Not shared
Slot 4 3Com 905-TX NIC - shared with Slot 5 and USB
Slot 5 WinComm Modem - shared with Slot 4 and USB
700 TBird o/c'd to 800, 256Megs PC-133 3.2.2 OEM memory.
Vcore is set to 1.75V. The o/c'g is done with the DIPS.
All Bios functions set for optimal, byte merge on, fast-write on, memory and cas drive strength set to strong, video memory cache mode set to USWC
I have installed a squirral cage 42cfm exhaust fan in the space left by empty slots 1 + 2. This fan really helps keep the temp down in the case. I use two 30cfm intake fans as well.
The NIC is connected to a HUB with my pc's and a Cisco 675 ADSL router. The system works great. When the A7V first came out there were some issues with lock-ups. The latest 4in1 drivers really have cleaned that up. The 1005.03E bios is running on my machine with no problems since putting it on. The clock Mult option is non-functional, for now, but the bios itself is not giving me any grief.

RavenPrime

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I am using the Kingston 10/100 card that the DSL provider gave me and put it into slot 5. I have a firewire card in slot 4. No problems sharing.
Keep the sound card in slot 3 and avoid slots 1 and 2 if you can.

James