Make Gravity Gun (Grabber, whatever) a Toggle Weapon?

Is there anyway to bound the grabber to be a toggle weapon? You know, like
the flashlight is. You push the button once to get it out, and push it again
to put it away (and get out your previous weapon).

I'm not sure what my problem is, perhaps I'm used to Half-life 2's gravity
gun, which is toggled much like I mentioned. I'm using my extra buttons on
the mouse, so normally end up hitting the button again to put it away, and
I'm left with my fists. Rubbish.

Thanks for any help.

"The Berzerker" <Berzerker@wooooooo.com> wrote:

>Is there anyway to bound the grabber to be a toggle weapon? You know, like
>the flashlight is. You push the button once to get it out, and push it again
>to put it away (and get out your previous weapon).
>
>I'm not sure what my problem is, perhaps I'm used to Half-life 2's gravity
>gun, which is toggled much like I mentioned. I'm using my extra buttons on
>the mouse, so normally end up hitting the button again to put it away, and
>I'm left with my fists. Rubbish.

It would also be nice if using the artifact with berserk that it
automatically switches to fists.

--
sda_mail Scott | Yields over 30 blasts or
@comcast.net Amspoker | 80 gentle honks per charge!

The Berzerker wasted my time on 4/8/2005 4:00 PM with the following:
> Is there anyway to bound the grabber to be a toggle weapon? You know, like
> the flashlight is. You push the button once to get it out, and push it again
> to put it away (and get out your previous weapon).
>
> I'm not sure what my problem is, perhaps I'm used to Half-life 2's gravity
> gun, which is toggled much like I mentioned. I'm using my extra buttons on
> the mouse, so normally end up hitting the button again to put it away, and
> I'm left with my fists. Rubbish.
>
> Thanks for any help.

http://www.doom3world.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=8917&highlight=flashlight+toggle

Yeah, I use the same exact setup for the Grabber actually. I'm not sure
actually if that post will be the same fix, since RoE has two weapons in
that slot, but who knows?

I try not to use the grabber so much anymore, it feels like I'm cheating :/

--
-SnoopJeDi

On 4/8/2005 2:12 PM SnoopJeDi brightened our day with:

> The Berzerker wasted my time on 4/8/2005 4:00 PM with the following:
>
>> Is there anyway to bound the grabber to be a toggle weapon? You know,
>> like the flashlight is. You push the button once to get it out, and
>> push it again to put it away (and get out your previous weapon).
>>
>> I'm not sure what my problem is, perhaps I'm used to Half-life 2's
>> gravity gun, which is toggled much like I mentioned. I'm using my
>> extra buttons on the mouse, so normally end up hitting the button
>> again to put it away, and I'm left with my fists. Rubbish.
>>
>> Thanks for any help.
>>

> http://www.doom3world.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=8917&highlight=flashlight+toggle
>

> Yeah, I use the same exact setup for the Grabber actually. I'm not
> sure actually if that post will be the same fix, since RoE has two
> weapons in that slot, but who knows?
>
> I try not to use the grabber so much anymore, it feels like I'm
> cheating :/

You have to set it to toggle in the player.def file (best to create a
toggle.pk4 and just put that one file in their in a def folder). Then
in your doomconfig bind a key to impulse2.

--
People of the United States! We are Unitarian Jihad! We can strike without warning. Pockets of reasonableness and harmony will appear as if from nowhere! Nice people will run the government again! There will be coffee and cookies in the Gandhi Room after the revolution.

Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com

On 4/8/2005 2:59 PM Inglo brightened our day with:

> On 4/8/2005 2:12 PM SnoopJeDi brightened our day with:
>
>> The Berzerker wasted my time on 4/8/2005 4:00 PM with the following:
>>
>>> Is there anyway to bound the grabber to be a toggle weapon? You
>>> know, like the flashlight is. You push the button once to get it
>>> out, and push it again to put it away (and get out your previous
>>> weapon).
>>>
>>> I'm not sure what my problem is, perhaps I'm used to Half-life 2's
>>> gravity gun, which is toggled much like I mentioned. I'm using my
>>> extra buttons on the mouse, so normally end up hitting the button
>>> again to put it away, and I'm left with my fists. Rubbish.
>>>
>>> Thanks for any help.
>>>

>> http://www.doom3world.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=8917&highlight=flashlight+toggle
>>

>> Yeah, I use the same exact setup for the Grabber actually. I'm not
>> sure actually if that post will be the same fix, since RoE has two
>> weapons in that slot, but who knows?
>>
>> I try not to use the grabber so much anymore, it feels like I'm
>> cheating :/
>>
> You have to set it to toggle in the player.def file (best to create a
> toggle.pk4 and just put that one file in their in a def folder). Then
> in your doomconfig bind a key to impulse2.

probably should have tested that out before posting. that doesn't
work. how do you set a weapon to an impulse?
i thought weapon2 would be impulse2. there doesn't seem to be a way to
get to the grabber it's bound as a toggle with the fists. So setting it
to toggle just confuses things, trying the above almost none of my
weapon binds worked.
So don't try what I wrote.