Special Processor for AMD 760?

G

I'm geting the GIGABYTE GA-7DX, Socket A M/board w/DDR Support....Do the AMD 760 chit sets need a special processor? I was planning on getting an Athlon 1Ghz Socket A.....HELP...I don't want to get a processor that is'nt compatable.

G

It's my understanding, but I'm no expert mind, that if you want to run an Athlon with a 133MHz FSB, then you need a special version. There's mention made of this in the DDR-SDRAM review in the Mainboard guide I think.

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Its a 266MHz FSB, not 133

And yes, you do need a special processor (a Thunderbird 1.GHz 266MHz FSB instead of a 200MHz FSB, but I don't think you can buy them yet)

LTJLover

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I was under the impression that these boards will run at 266FSB with the new Athlons, but they also run the old 200FSB. There are systems running out there now, and I have not heard of AMDs 266MHZ CPUs being available yet.

Jon
"Water-Cooled CPU Runner"

mpjesse

Splendid
I just h00ked up my GA-7DX with a T-Bird 800mhz- no problem at all. Took forever to get PC2100 RAM- but I got it. It's a myth dude, at least with the Gigabyte mobos.

-MP Jesse

G

Ooops - that's what I meant (honest). I spoke to Dabs here in the UK and they said Q1 2001...

TRENDING THREADS