COD 7 , lags for no reason . Please help !

Viper98

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2010
hi guys , i had very Smooth Gaming experience with COD 6 , Simpler : COD 6 ran Extreamly Fast , MAXED OUT on my system with no lag , i ran it on this system :
CPU :Core 2 Due 1.8GHZ E2160
Mobo: P31 DS3L
RAM: 2x2GB DDR 2 800MHZ ( 4GB )
VGA : 1Gb 9600GT 256Bit GDDR 3
REZ: 1440

But when i Bought COD 7 , i maxed it out, game was fast , but when i go trought the Crowded War . Game Freez for sec & Countinue with its fast Frams But every 2 or 1 sec it Freez , it some how doesnt come from VGA Problem , I think its CPU !
Many of my friends HAD Same problem , all had Good SYSTEMS

I Reduced all Setings to Lowest , No difference in Performance !

I tried to ReInstall Windows XP SP3 , no difference , tried Win7 , little Performance Improvment but No BIG Difference

These options Didnt help !
Diffragment
Use Game Booster
Fix Registry

Gator089

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2010

You may need to upgrade to a much faster CPU. The one you specified is not fast enough to handle games. That is the cause of it. The processor outdated. You may want to add a little more memory. Or if the CPU isnt the cause, then the game is badly optimized by Activision.

Viper98

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2010
Oh man i think its my CPU , i think its CRAP , but HOw COD 6 did ran Great but COD 7 ( that is just little higher than COD 6 ) would lag that lot ? its ... Oh man I realy confused

dalta centauri

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
The engine performs better under quadcore processors, stuttering would usually state that your processor is not enough to run the game properly. When you say fast, do you mean 45-60fps fast, or 15-25fps constant fast, because there's a difference.

I had little issues with a 5770 and an AthlonIIx4, of course there were some dips that occured randomly.

55Range

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2010
7 th cod, - I guess its black ops, not 7 th though. Well, a patch was recently released, try it, it doesn't help much though.
That game is badly coded, run just ok in high end rigs and not too well on average, just wait for the patches to come-

Viper98

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2010
Oh OK , my friend had 1GB 9800 GX2 & he ran it OK , when u set things to lowest then game should run fast but nothing just happend ( there is no difference in highest & lowest setings ) , when i was saying Call OF Duty 6 runs fast on my RIG i mean SO FAST I dont know how much FPS but i could see it RUN REALY REALY FAST , NO LAGS i swear ! just like u run IGI 1 on forexample ATI 5850 ( that fast )

dalta centauri

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010

Again, download the demo of Fraps or another program that can read your fps, because you saying fast may be 30fps, while others would say different.

clydefrog

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2009
Whats CoD7?

If you're refering to Black Ops, then it's because the PC version is broken. It is horribly optimized, as it just a console port.

Apparantly the problem it has is that, it's not taping into your video card; it's using the CPU to do all the processing, including video rendereing.

A patch is due later this week, as announced by Treyarch.

You can visit the Steam forums and you'll see how pissed off everyone is.

I can run World At War at 95-110fps and Bad Company 2 at 60-75 fps (both fully maxed at 168x1050), but i get like 25fps with insane stuttering in Black Ops.

It's a shame.

EDIT: To see your fps in Black ops, open the console (~ key) during a multiplayer game and type in "/cg_drawfps 1" with no quotes.

Viper98

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2010
Where do i get FRAPs Program ? how can i monitor FRAPS ? just give me the URL .
then i can give u FPS , but i cant Give u COD 6 FPS because it hasnt been installed on my NEw WIndows

Viper98

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2010
Oh i just Finished it I dont think i need anyother thing .i so sad about finishing it with too many lags in Sensitive Parts . game is too FAST ! but when i go in Crowded WAR ZONE lags step in ! Some of my Favorite parts were So fast ( that i could enjoy of it ) the Snow Level with weaver that u should break the galss & jump Trought the Building .

Martin 71

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010

Just use google... and you don't know that it runs SO FAST, it could be only at 35fps and stepping down to 25 and you're noticing it.

frozentundra123456

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
The stuttering is in fact a known issue and is probably related to it being a terribly ported console game. However, note to the OP: Your system is getting quite borderline for modern games, especially the 1.6 ghz CPU.
I guess it is related to console ports, but CPU requirements keep increasing and the graphics dont really seem to be improved that much.
That is why Black Ops was such a surprise to me. The system requirements are quite a bit higher than Modern Warfare, but the graphics seem worse if anything. Kind of sad to go from a game that was noted for running well on lower end systems (Modern Warfare 1) to Black Ops which has problems on most systems.

buildarigs

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2010

Hi Mate I experience same lag issues too. I think it's with the game engine. my we can wait for patches Or improve drivers for our gfx card

dalta centauri

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010

Well, look at BC2's rather large maps, Treyarch likes bigger maps over small ones. I like it, bigger maps have a more 'warzone' feeling.

Martin 71

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010

Yes, but bigger maps=more poly count=lower fps. I wouldn't compare B-O to BC2 they are totally different engines. The Cod engine was very well made until now, but maybe that's just a rush to get the game out on time.