How do I share internet to 2nd router through Mac?

Hi, I hope I'm asking this in the right section.

I have a Mac that connects wirelessly to a router downstairs. I have a 2nd router upstairs that I want to use with the mac, in which the mac provides an internet connection to that router. Can anyone help me with doing this? Thanks.
3 answers Last reply
More about share internet router
  1. Try this:

1. Make sure the 2nd router is off for now
    2. Go to Dock/Finder-->Preferences-->Sharing
    3. (Assuming OSX 10.7) Highlight the 2nd-to-last option (Internet Sharing)-->Select 'Wi-Fi' from the 'Share your connection from' drop-box
    4. Click the check-box next to 'Ethernet' in the 'To computers using:' section and click the check-box next to 'Internet Sharing' to finally enable it.
    5. Connect the ethernet cable from your Mac to your router's WAN/Internet port and turn your 2nd router on.

Assuming that 2nd router is set up for DHCP it should now see your ethernet-connected Mac as its gateway and use it as its internet source.

Hope this helps.
  2. Oh sorry, I forgot to mention I have Snow Leopard still > . <

Should it be any different other than the word 'wi-fi?' Will try to check settings as soon as I am on my mac.
  3. markusaurileus said:
    Oh sorry, I forgot to mention I have Snow Leopard still > . <

Should it be any different other than the word 'wi-fi?' Will try to check settings as soon as I am on my mac.

It really shouldn't be any different for this exercise.
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Routers Macintosh Internet Mac OS X