HP Pavilion N5415 Hard Drive

Sorry if this has been asked before but I can't find any info on the web.

My sons laptop's hard drive has died. I want to replace it but I'm not sure
which replacement to buy. Does any notebook/laptop hard drive fit this or
are there only certain ones? Is it a standard connector for the drive or
something funky?

--
Alex Devlin

"Never knowingly understood."
2 answers Last reply
More about pavilion n5415 hard drive

    Any 2.5" notebook disk drive will do in principle. The connectors are standard
    among the various brands. Toshiba and Hitachi are the brands I would suggest.

    I'm assuming that the system is no longer covered by a warranty... Ben Myers

    ben_myers_spam_me_not @ charter.net (Ben Myers) wrote in

    > Any 2.5" notebook disk drive will do in principle. The connectors are
    > standard among the various brands. Toshiba and Hitachi are the brands
    > I would suggest.
    >
    > I'm assuming that the system is no longer covered by a warranty... Ben
    > Myers

    No, unfortunately it expired last October.

    We have had it in for repair a few times. Mainly overheating and shutting
    off and then the hard drive died last year and we got a 20GB replacement in
    place of the 10GB which came as standard.

    I've been running Spinright on it today and it's working on the first
    sector for ages so it's looking like a new hard drive is on the horizon.

    Thanks for your help.

    --
    Alex Devlin

    "Never knowingly understood."

Hewlett Packard Laptops Hard Drives HP Pavilion Computers