silverpig

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
I need some help with my IRQs. I have an ASUS CUSL2 with a GeForce2 vid card, SB Live! Value, and a Linksys 10/100 nic. It seems that no matter what I do (moving the cards to different slots, disabling printer and comm ports etc.), I can't seem to get rid of my IRQ conflicts. Right now my video card, sound card, AND NIC are all sitting on IRQ 11. All my other IRQs are used up by other things, but I am wondering if there is anything else I can do to resolve this. Is there any way for me to manually assign IRQs?

JOJO

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
check the asus website....
although i have an athlon, i had the same prob with my sound card and irq's

i just had to manually setup it up in the bios... no bigge
the asus website shows you how to do it..for mine anyway, hopefully they can help

good luck

G

I have a Abit Ka7-100 (VIA KX133 Chipset, AMD Processor). I have my AGP card (GeForce2GTS), PCI ATA/100 (onboard) controller, Sound Card (SB Live!) and both USB channels on the same IRQ (IRQ11). I am running windows 2000, and anything I try doesn't help. Any tips?

silverpig

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Ok, I figured it out. I re-read the manual, and I had to disable a certain combination of COM ports, and install my sound card in PCI slot 2, and my NIC in slot 4. There are certain combinations of slots that share an IRQ with either another slot or another device. You just have to find out which slots share IRQs with which devices, and then install the card in the proper slot while disabling the proper device.

G

That is exactly what i wanted to tell you. I had some conflicts too, although windows98 didn´t report any irq conflicts, it just rebooted over and over again..
I read the KT7 FAQ (because i have the Abit KT7 Raid board) and i found out about the sharing of irq´s by the PCI ports. Some devices do not allow this sharing, so moving around the cards would help most of the time. I had to remove my soundcard from slot 5 because that irq was already used by my RAID controller. That fixed all the problems. It is in slot 6 now and it´s feeling verry happy there.

TRENDING THREADS