November 15, 2010 10:59:38 AM

3.2 dual core CPU
4 gb RAM DDR3
500GB HDD
HD5750 ATI RADEON 1GB GDDR5 128 bit GPU
DVD RW
850 KW PSU
Hi ,
One of the minimum system requirements for MW2 is a 256 MB GPU .
My PC runs it on a 128 bit GPU .
The same GPU is required to run Bad Company 2 (256 MB GPU).
This does not run on my PC.
Firstly, is 128-bit and 128 MB the same thing concerning GPU's?
Secondly, am I right to be surprised that MW2 will run and not Bad Company 2?
Yet the GPU requirements are the same?
Maybe that isn't the reason it won't run!
Anyone who has had a similar problem or has some advice to offer please,
your suggestions would be appreciated

More about : bad company wont run

November 15, 2010 12:07:13 PM

Min specs are just that - min. specs. It doesn't mean that it will run the game well. Min. specs usually means the min. amount of hardware that can possibly run the game with most if not all detail settings to to low.

128-bit is not the same as 128 mb. MB is the amount of memory. You have a 1 gig GPU. I also have a 5750, and BC2 runs just fine with high details.

Also, where did you purchase your copy of BC2 from?

MW2 probably has lower system requirements (CPU).
m
l
Anonymous
November 15, 2010 2:25:54 PM

I got my copy of BC2 from JB HI-FI. I have MW2 and the latest Medal of Honor , which both run just fine, even though the min. specs are nearly identical. my pc should have no problems at all.It east beats the min. specs.
I cant even install it. It nearly completes install then says:

"Could not update the 'ini' file C:\Documents and setting\all users\Start Menu\Programs\Electronic Arts\Battlefield Bad Company2\Web.url. Verify that the file exixts and that you can access it."

Retry Cancel

Hit retry ,it instantly pops back up again. Hit cancel and it uninstalls.

I even located that stupid file and it exists.???
m
l
Related resources
November 15, 2010 3:24:50 PM

Have you tried running the install as administrator? Are you using Windows 7? If so, what is your user account set up as (normal user, admin, child)?

That sounds like a permissions problem more than anything.

Definitely try to run it as admin and see if that fixes it.
m
l
Anonymous
November 15, 2010 10:30:19 PM

isamuelson said:
Have you tried running the install as administrator? Are you using Windows 7? If so, what is your user account set up as (normal user, admin, child)?

That sounds like a permissions problem more than anything.

Definitely try to run it as admin and see if that fixes it.

It wont me/i dont know how to. Every time i try to run it as admin it says. "error.must have administrator priviliges to run this game"
m
l
November 16, 2010 12:21:46 AM

Quote:
3.2 dual core CPU
4 gb RAM DDR3
500GB HDD
HD5750 ATI RADEON 1GB GDDR5 128 bit GPU
DVD RW
850 KW PSU
Hi ,
One of the minimum system requirements for MW2 is a 256 MB GPU .
My PC runs it on a 128 bit GPU .
The same GPU is required to run Bad Company 2 (256 MB GPU).
This does not run on my PC.
Firstly, is 128-bit and 128 MB the same thing concerning GPU's?
Secondly, am I right to be surprised that MW2 will run and not Bad Company 2?
Yet the GPU requirements are the same?
Maybe that isn't the reason it won't run!
Anyone who has had a similar problem or has some advice to offer please,
your suggestions would be appreciated

Well, your rig should be able to run the game, what cpu do you have? and also, I sincerely hope you don't have a 850kw psu :D  although, upon further review, I have realized that it's not a hardware problem... Try disabling UAC by typing in uac in the search box and dropping the level all the way down...
m
l
Anonymous
November 16, 2010 7:33:31 AM

i kept trying to run it as admin and after many" not responding" boxes popping up and slowly but surely installed it.

but the fun doesnt end there!
Now when i try to play it , it says "you need to download the latest version to be able to play."

So i hit download ,which takes about 45mins , then it says

"error, this program needs to be connected to the internet to run,re-connect and try again"

but it is connected to the internet!

after not being able to download the latest version it then it says

"do you wish to play the old version?"

so i click on yes.
Then instruction box disappears altogether??

I just wanna kick it the disk
m
l
November 16, 2010 10:12:58 AM

so wait... you can't even install the game?
m
l
November 16, 2010 11:22:43 AM

What version of windows are you using? If it's windows 7, login with an account that has admin privileges.

The other way to do it is to open up Explorer and navigate to the DVD directory where the install program is at. Right click on it and choose "Run as admin".

If that doesn't work, then either set up your account you log in with as an admin or else, log in directly as the administrator.

Sounds to me like your account is set up to not even allow admin access which is usually a child's account depending on which version of windows you are using.

Windows 7 and Vista allow non-admin accounts to run things as admin. If they are set up as a "normal" user, then you will be prompted for the admin password. If the account is already admin, then it will prompt you if you wish to run the program and then you can say yes and it will install.

If you are under XP, then it's a different ball of wax. That means your account is set up to not allow installs so you MUST log in as the administrator. Of course, you need to know the admin password.

Is this a computer you installed windows on or is it a company computer or else your parent's computer? If you installed windows, then you should know what the admin password is because it would have asked you that during the installation of windows.

If you didn't install it, then you need to get with whoever it was that installed it to get the admin password.

It is definitely permissions problem where your account does NOT have admin rights to install the program.

My machine is Phenom II X3 720BE with the same video card as you (5750) and BC2 installed and runs just fine on my machine. Even when I didn't have the 4th core unlocked and didn't overclock, BC2 installed and ran just fine.

m
l
Anonymous
November 16, 2010 11:56:46 AM

yeah i tryed and tryed to install it as admin.
after different combinations of administrator and enable/disable cookie,virus etc.
and numerous"not responding" prompts' i was finally able to install it as admin.!!!

I cant play the game tho' , every time i try to play it it says

"must have the latest version to play. Do you want to install the latest version?"

so i press yes, which you have to , or else it disappears.

after 30mins downloading the BC2 update it says

"File not found. internet not connected, re-connect and try again"

I dont know what it thinks it has been downloading from for the last 30mins, but yes,the internet is connected.

Then it says
"Unable to update.Do you want to play the old version?"

No matter how you answer this question , the update and information boxes disappear,and your back where you started 30+mins ago!!!

Fun hey.Weee!
m
l
November 16, 2010 1:59:11 PM

is it the firewall? try disabling windows firewall in control panel
m
l
November 16, 2010 2:19:43 PM

Cookies has nothing to do with this as it's not a web app. Again, what version of windows are you running under?

Are you positive the game is a legit copy and not a pirated copy?
m
l
!