Apple/MAC drivers for the AirCard 5220

Scott

I just recently switched from a Windows to an Apple/MAC laptop. I have a VZW
AirCard 5220. VZW does not support or offer drivers for the 5220 using a
MAC/Apple. By any chance does anyone have "unofficial" drivers that have
successfully worked with this wireless modem and can share them?

Thanks, Scott

You'll find just what you need at this site ...

http://www.evdo-coverage.com/

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 10:15:34 -0400, Scott <njfreight@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>I just recently switched from a Windows to an Apple/MAC laptop. I have a VZW
>AirCard 5220. VZW does not support or offer drivers for the 5220 using a
>MAC/Apple. By any chance does anyone have "unofficial" drivers that have
>successfully worked with this wireless modem and can share them?
>
>Thanks, Scott

Scott

Thank you! Have you used these drivers by chance?

On 9/15/04 11:01 AM, in article t8mgk01s96o5rs8rlain3qfgm9g7kl14c7@4ax.com,
"d b" <dberger805@nospam.softhome.net> wrote:

> You'll find just what you need at this site ...
>
> http://www.evdo-coverage.com/
>

> On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 10:15:34 -0400, Scott <njfreight@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I just recently switched from a Windows to an Apple/MAC laptop. I have a VZW
>> AirCard 5220. VZW does not support or offer drivers for the 5220 using a
>> MAC/Apple. By any chance does anyone have "unofficial" drivers that have
>> successfully worked with this wireless modem and can share them?
>>
>> Thanks, Scott

Scott

Unfortunately it still looks like I am stuck. My new 12" PowerBook does not
have a PC Card Slot. I purchased an external PC Card Drive that hooks up to
the PB via USB port and it looks like this combo won't work.

On 9/15/04 11:01 AM, in article t8mgk01s96o5rs8rlain3qfgm9g7kl14c7@4ax.com,
"d b" <dberger805@nospam.softhome.net> wrote:

> You'll find just what you need at this site ...
>
> http://www.evdo-coverage.com/
>

> On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 10:15:34 -0400, Scott <njfreight@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I just recently switched from a Windows to an Apple/MAC laptop. I have a VZW
>> AirCard 5220. VZW does not support or offer drivers for the 5220 using a
>> MAC/Apple. By any chance does anyone have "unofficial" drivers that have
>> successfully worked with this wireless modem and can share them?
>>
>> Thanks, Scott

I suggest you use the tech help link on the evdo-coverage.com website
to see if they can help you with your problem. I am not a customer of
theirs but they have given me advice in the past and its always been
spot on. They in fact support mac users I believe and probably can
suggest a solution for you.

Good luck.

DB

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 18:43:04 -0400, Scott <njfreight@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Unfortunately it still looks like I am stuck. My new 12" PowerBook does not
>have a PC Card Slot. I purchased an external PC Card Drive that hooks up to
>the PB via USB port and it looks like this combo won't work.
>

>On 9/15/04 11:01 AM, in article t8mgk01s96o5rs8rlain3qfgm9g7kl14c7@4ax.com,
>"d b" <dberger805@nospam.softhome.net> wrote:
>
>> You'll find just what you need at this site ...
>>
>> http://www.evdo-coverage.com/
>>

>> On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 10:15:34 -0400, Scott <njfreight@hotmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I just recently switched from a Windows to an Apple/MAC laptop. I have a VZW
>>> AirCard 5220. VZW does not support or offer drivers for the 5220 using a
>>> MAC/Apple. By any chance does anyone have "unofficial" drivers that have
>>> successfully worked with this wireless modem and can share them?
>>>
>>> Thanks, Scott

Scott

Will do, thanks!

On 9/15/04 7:28 PM, in article mtjhk0dimhlu5lr1ovdnuevnmisvg04g75@4ax.com,